Just a quick one

Yiannis197

Paid Member
ok people, is it only mine or you have as well noticed that your clio doesn't accelarate as it usually does when it's a hot day? I noticed that last week, when the temperature was quite high. It simply wouldn't pull. Do you reckon I should have it checked or is it a common thing? Thanks

engines dont like hot air temps.

the air is not as dense as cold air, therefore it has less oxygen in it and creates a weaker 'bang' in the engine.

hence why you feel the loss of power.

its nothing to worry about. its simple physics.

the air is not as dense as cold air, therefore it has less oxygen in it and creates a weaker 'bang' in the engine.

Spot on... The clio loves a nice misty morning, plenty of moisture in the air, you could say its like having water injection, lol.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Mine really doesn't like it when starting for the first time on a hot day. After a while it seems ok though?

No, unfortunately mine doesn't seem ok after a while:worried:

Yes, you are absolutely right there, however the difference I see in my car is huge. On a 30 C day with the air/con on it feels like driving a fiesta 1.4. The car wouldn't accelerate even when on 1st gear. As if the ECU switches to a different mode or something which I don't think is so sophisticated to do, why would it be anyway?

I'm pretty much familiar with hot weather, I used to live in Greece (don't start the abuse about us ruining the economy please, it isn't the Greeks, it's the Greek politics lol) and I'm talking about driving supercharged, turbocharged and N/A cars in 50+C (40C in the shade...) stuck in traffic and all that. I could notice a difference in performance but not as close as my R27:worried: Maybe I should pop a question in the Greek forums to see if anybody has this problem. Quite strange...

Its defo the hot weather mate, i got stuck in mile long traffic, engine temp needle a touch over half way, got past the road works and went to boot it and it was noticeanle slow, once i did a few miles and the temp droped due to the wind hitting the radiator ir was ok

Its defo the hot weather mate, i got stuck in mile long traffic, engine temp needle a touch over half way, got past the road works and went to boot it and it was noticeanle slow, once i did a few miles and the temp droped due to the wind hitting the radiator ir was ok

Pretty much very same thing happened to me the other day. Like you say as soon as your out of traffic everything goes back to normal.

If you have the A/C on the that reduces the bhp by about 30. My mate said a guy on the MG forum he is a member of did 2 runs on a dyno, one with and one without the a/c on. 30 bhp difference.

You could try running a hose from the secondary intake to an area where it can get cooler air rather than the top of the engine bay where its quite warm, I think a few have tried that