200: It's a small world...

Micah

Founder of Team Clique
So we've just hired a guy at work and I was warned he was a bit of a car nut. He came in tonight to sign the paperwork and we got talking. I brought up a few pictures on my laptop of my 200, then he proceeded to show me photos of his LY 200! Was well impressed!
It turns out he was also part of the RenaultSport parking area at Brands Hatch last October.
He's also from the same neck of the woods as @Gordini and Andy Cochrane is his trusted technician.
Well I never!
I told him to get onto this forum as it's totally awesome [emoji41]

Shame you had to show him pics on your laptop of your French Hot-Hatch and not be able to look out the window at it.

But hey; that's all part of actually owning a French Hot-Hatch.......... :smile:

Guy at Spa came up to me as we were queueing to go out and said he recognised my car from here. Said his name is Andy and he had a blue 200 which is off the road after an alternator fire, if anyone knows who that is? Shame I couldn't catch up with him later on.

Always good when you bump into a fellow RS nut! And at work too! He will be in good company if he does join up!

So we've just hired a guy at work and I was warned he was a bit of a car nut. He came in tonight to sign the paperwork and we got talking. I brought up a few pictures on my laptop of my 200, then he proceeded to show me photos of his LY 200! Was well impressed!
It turns out he was also part of the RenaultSport parking area at Brands Hatch last October.
He's also from the same neck of the woods as @Gordini and Andy Cochrane is his trusted technician.
Well I never!
I told him to get onto this forum as it's totally awesome [emoji41]
Say hi mate :smile: So jealous of LY cars, they are so awesome in the metal! Couldn't take my eyes off @Chris 's arse on the weekend when I was behind him :wink: Andy is a top bloke too! Highly recommended!

Reactions: Chris
Say hi mate :smile: So jealous of LY cars, they are so awesome in the metal! Couldn't take my eyes off @Chris 's arse on the weekend when I was behind him :wink: Andy is a top bloke too! Highly recommended!

Well the GF tells me I have a nice behind, but wouldn't have expected you to notice Si! :drunk:

So many gorgeous cars there this weekend , yours was certainly a beauty Simon, love all the touches you have done - so classy!

Reactions: Gordini
Well the GF tells me I have a nice behind, but wouldn't have expected you to notice Si! :drunk:

So many gorgeous cars there this weekend , yours was certainly a beauty Simon, love all the touches you have done - so classy!
Haha thanks mate :wink:

Interestingly @Micah , Andy was telling me he regularly looks after three nice 200s that are really well cared for - mine, a liquid yellow and an alien green one. He told me they all drive really well so sounds like your colleague has a good car :smile:

Interestingly @Micah , Andy was telling me he regularly looks after three nice 200s that are really well cared for - mine, a liquid yellow and an alien green one. He told me they all drive really well so sounds like your colleague has a good car :smile:

Yeah, I think he has owned it from new and really rated Andy. It was hilarious him sitting there talking to me about stuff and I bring up your recent post about him, like kindred spirits. I think we'll be getting along just fine.
Someone sniggered today when I was asked what car I'd buy with £10m. I said I'd buy a Megane 275 Trophy R - there's nothing else I'd want to drive on the road. Now I'll have an additional RenaultSport advocate to back me up [emoji16]

Reactions: Gordini
Yeah, I think he has owned it from new and really rated Andy. It was hilarious him sitting there talking to me about stuff and I bring up your recent post about him, like kindred spirits. I think we'll be getting along just fine.
Someone sniggered today when I was asked what car I'd buy with £10m. I said I'd buy a Megane 275 Trophy R - there's nothing else I'd want to drive on the road. Now I'll have an additional RenaultSport advocate to back me up [emoji16]

You could have a fleet of trophy r's lol - intact they are a limited run you could probably have them all! :smiley:

Reactions: Micah
:smile: Cool story mate. I've only got one other car guy in the office and he's already given in to life and bought a family wagon!