ITG Panel Filter

about 2 years old but thats irrelevant as they are a lifetime fit

think they about 50 quid new from ktec

£30 posted and i still have the blue itg sticker it came with

pm if interested

Last edited:
No nothin at all mate the only good thing is they a lifetime fit

Otherwise they a waste of money

I wouldnt say a waste of money, no they dont make it sound any different but i found my mpg has gone up a little, from 23.4 to 28.8 so it should pay for its self plus as said lasts a lifetime.

Im still working on the 'extra noise' part, apart from taking the top lid off the filter box (which someone on here suggested) i dont see any other way of getting that noise. Taking the lid off will only drag hot air in and loose power.

Yeah lid off is epic

No you don't loose power mate I have prov en graph

I'll post link on here or you could do a search on here for rs tuner power run

Yeah lid off is epic

Just one thing i need to ask then,

How do you stop water getting in with the lid off?

I noticed one day after i had driven home from work in the rain (needed to top my washer bottle up) and the lid was p*ss wet through along with the surrounding areas.

Don't really think that's an issue people run paper cone filters and they are fine usually just dry out with the engine bay heat I suppose

It's not like you are pointing a hose pipe directly at the filter

Might buy a spare lid and drill a few holes in it and experiment lol

Yes i was thinking on that line too, i have just been out and had a look at mine, was thinking of cutting a large square in the top then maybe putting some mesh over it??
Dont think it can be removed as it holds the filter tight up to the inlet so its either a knife or a drill....

Right, i took the lid off and did a 25 mile run with it (road and motorway) sounds really good, sounds like it has some power at last lol.
As for any power loss. . . no way of telling by just driving it, the odd time it felt better on pickup and other times it felt worse.
I then did your idea (Dotty) of drilling holes in the lid but once done it sounded the same as with the normal undrilled lid on. So now im left with leave the lid off coz its full of holes and looks sh*t. Also looks sh*t with the lid off but i can always say i lost it.
Back to the drawing board i think.

lol how big were the holes? i was just goin to do 4 large then if that didnt work carbon wrap the whole box anyway so you couldnt tell i had drilled in the first place

Over the last week ive done lots of testing with this theory of taking the lid off the airbox. A total of 516 miles of testing!
Now some of you are going to read it and think ‘well i knew that’ but i just wanted to test it for myself.
Doing runs at motorway speed with the speed limiter set at XXmph (keeping my foot to the floor in 6th gear) i would wait until i went over a fixed ‘bump’ in the tarmac and knock the limiter off, the car would then start accelerating hard until i hit another bump some ¼ mile down the road which is when i check the speed (on the GPS)
This test was done countless times with the lid on and with the lid off, also several times a day over the last week.
Result =
With the lid on it accelerated better/quicker, upto 12mph was the best difference.
I then had another look at the airbox set up on the 200 and decided i would do away with the 2nd air feed that ends next to the battery pulling in the warm air from the engine bay. I put my own pipe on this and ran it down to the lower grill near to the fog light. As ive only done a few runs with it like this i can only give the results so far which is same test as above with the lid on (OEM setup) then putting my CAF on gives another 3mph. Based on the results im going to be running mine with the lid on and with the 2nd CAF.
Plus side to having the airbox lid off, it sounds loads better, and thats it really as far as my tests found.