Is this gear box sounds normal ? :s

Hi guys I picked up my new 200 last week and was worried about the gearbox I thought all was ok till I saw this on CS net basically I have exactly the same noise like a whirring or bearing now when of the throttle in 3rd or 4th is this normal ? http://youtu.be/WRE4X_xmI_0 the noise is made in this video

thanks terry

depends if you mean the whirring noise or crunch at the end?

wouldn't be worried about the whirring but if its a crunch then I'd get it seen too.

Depends what you mean because the noise I'm getting is 5 seconds in to the video then it makes a loud noise as the video goes of :/ it's basically in 3rd or 4 th going quick foot on the clutch no throttle it will do it but I heard so many stories about these boxes I'm worried

That doesn't sound good! If yours is that noise at the end!

2010 and I have got 3 months from local garage like I said 5 seconds in and about 7.5 rpm that's the sound doesn't do it all the time just every now and then

Sounds exactly the same whirling noise like summit is spinning wen in gear and let off clutch and accelerator as my car was making, so booked it into Renault as was covered under warranty. 2 days before it was due to go in the noise stopped. I called the dealership it was booked into and they told me it was entirely my choice if I wanted to bring it down or not. The guy sed if it's a major problem we will find it without noise. Went into the garage and then they delivered the bad news that the gearbox was knackered! :worried: 2010 reg with 23k on clock. Very shocking. Check with the garage u purchased from if ur warranty covers u at a main dealership bcas I bet they try and tell u it's induction noise.

hi guys just a little update ive spoken to the dealer in which i bought my 200 from who has informed me that before they sold me my car they had the gearbox apart to change the 3rd gear syncro could this be the noise that im hearing when i put the clutch down change to 3rd with no gas (if going quick ) can also somtimes hear it from 3rd to 4th Thanks

Can't remember them saying mine was any particular gear either way I would get it back into them right away. Did u ask if their warranty covers u at main dealership? If I was u I would defo push for a new or refurbed box(they just as gd as new). Get back onto the garage u got ur car from, and quick. Gd luck thou I know just how u feel, since the day I got my Clio I've had nothing but problems with it starting 2days after I drove it out the dealership.