Is this allowed....

iAndy

Platinum Member
Just caught someone stealing from my company this morning, we was unsure and tried to keep the guy talking while we played cctv back but he left.

Got it clear as day on CCTV and it is totally obvious that he puts a socket set down his pants! Am I allowed to print off his picture or not?

Just caught someone stealing from my company this morning, we was unsure and tried to keep the guy talking while we played cctv back but he left.

Got it clear as day on CCTV and it is totally obvious that he puts a socket set down his pants! Am I allowed to print off his picture or not?

for internal use and police use only yeah

I wanted to put it up in shop and say thief in big letters above it! If police ain't been to look at CCTV tomorrow I will be calling up to his house to show him a video of it.... Oh and politely ask for the £40 for the socket set that he stole.... (even thou they are on offer at £20)

Copy it off, Give it to the Police, let them deal with the toe rag.

Theft from employer is deemed much more serious than simple shop theft as your in a position of trust. If you just go round and get the money what penalty has he had? None I would suggest in the long run, however if he's nicked and dealt with appropriately not only will he recieve a proper penalty but it will also warn future employers what a scroat he is. You never know he may have been nicking stuff for years, not just from you but from previous jobs too.

Just my two peneth.