Is the lower ball joint replaceable?

R27#239

Paid Member
Does anybody know if the ball joint on the lower wishbone is replaceable or if it's a whole new wishbone?
On a 197 R27
Thanks
oliver

Just to double check. I'm talking about the joint on the end of the lower wishbone that faces horizontally towards the front of the car.

yes mate you can buy it separate and it has to be wound/hit out and replaced renault wants £239 for a complete bottom arm

I rang renault and r sport Wimbledon they both advised me it could not be bought separate, you had to buy the whole arm.

01246 823 464 I spoke to mark and he can supply you with them for £80 each give him a call he was very helpful when I spoke to him

If you fit this with force you will wreck the lower mount and you will end up having to buy a new arm. There are a couple of companies that do a drive in drive out service with a 12 months warranty from about £120 a side.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201084417359

Lyk these although im pretty sure my cup when looking has a pinch bolt at holding it in

that's the top joint for the perfo-hub assembly....

the 197/200 has on the outer hub assembly -

upper ball joint
lower swivel joint
lower wishbone ball joint
steering arm out track rod ball joint

the suspension is bespoke to the 197/200!!!

there are numerous threads on this - maybe worth a read!

Read them all mate and ended up ringing rsport in wimbledon and got 1 posted for £60

Part number 8200438088 bottom ball joint

Top balljoint .7711160423