Is it worth the money?

Hi GUys,

Ive found I guy over here who is selling a new clio 200 gearbox from his rally car.
Clio 200 Gear box with short shift,Quaife Diff, 5.1final drive, ''made by Gripper uk''.

The price on it including two drive shafts is 2500 euros + fitting.

Am i crazy to spend this money on a gearbox or will I really see the difference.

Can I go another route and get more bang for buck with 2500?

Idk, I find it quite expensive... I'm guessing you can buy new Quaife diff, 5.1 FD and short shifter for much less money. Do you really need extra gearbox and drive shafts?

Oh, and you will see the difference :wink: Tbh, I would go also with a Gripper diff instead of Quaife.

Waste of money IMO, unless your car is pure track? Ratios will probably be horrible for the road too.

What's the current spec of your car? What tyres, brakes etc are you running?

edit: diff is a good mod on a road or track car, but the rest is a waste

Last edited:
Currently have 40mm h&r springs, Yokohama ad048s all round and in the process of getting the ds2500 pads.

Everything else is standard on the car like exhaust and power. I dont really see the benefit of chasing hp in an na car like the clio

That's fair enough, it's not about the power. What I mean is, for less money, you'll see a better gain from some £1K coilovers for example.

your running really good tyres and pads, suspension and just a diff would be a good package together

with a FD of 5.1 your roughly looking at

1st 32mph
2nd 51mph
3rd 71mph
4th 89mph
5th 111mph
6th 133

??

What sort of final drive would you be after if looking for better acceleration? Do Renault even do any for the F4R gearbox

Just got a call from this guy again. saying that he needs it gone for his new car and will let me have i for 1500. I am having issues with my own car with the gearbox so its bound to go soon.

To fix my gearbox and install a diff im sure I will be well above 1500..

I will be getting a company car so the car will be manily a trackday car and out for a blast sorta car.