Is it possible to add bluetooth at a later date?

I like the idea of connecting my iPhone via bluetooth but don't like the idea of paying £400 extra. Would it be possible to add the bluetooth head unit at a later date by swapping it over or does it require additional wiring?

Nope didnt realise until it was too late, not fussed though, im pleased with what I have got.

Pretty sure you won't be able to retro fit.

Its more than just a headunit, the screen is different and so are the steering column controls.

I'm pretty sure the one for the 197 just plugs in, at least I think it does. It is all controlled from the steering wheel controls for the stereo. So I'm not sure if this could be fitted?

You havn't long placed your order have you? add it on before it goes into without flexibility.

Last edited:
...I would've had the RS monitor but I ordered too early....just got the Bluetooth Headset....which is a feature well worth having.....didn't pay for it though. Just got them to add it after I'd secured the price!

According to Renault UK, it is not possible to reto-fit the bluetooth system that can be fitted at the factory.

I'm sure it is though, it just depends how 'involved' you want to get (dash off etc).

Hmm I didn't realise you could order the bluetooth stereo without the Renaultsport monitor (I'm not interested in that really). So, is it a) worth it and b) does it do anything that an aftermarket Alpine headunit couldn't do?

I can tell you when I collect mine tomorrow... lol

Was a must for me if im honest, more so for the USB port.

I bought from Mike...I thought it rude to ask for anything else other than some matts lol

I bought from Mike...I thought it rude to ask for anything else other than some matts lol

No way, if you don't ask then you don't get. I got loads of discounts/extra. I basically said this is how much I want to pay and these are the extras I would expect. I think you have to be in a position where you are able to proceed there and then, however.

Let me know how useful the bluetooth is when you pick up your car tomorrow (lucky you!) :clap:

I did the deal there and then, no sell either as I knew exactly what I wanted. Ah well live and learn.

Madacup I will once I have worked out how to use it.

I had it in my previous car....and I used it alot to begin with...then the novelty wore off. So I never added it to the Clio.