Is It Me ???

Love the new car loads of fun except 1st gear what a pain !!! No matter how I try it always seems to dip on the power or kangaroo a little, we've filled it with V-Power so its decent fuel. Just wondered if its a common thing apart from that it goes like a little rocket and handles superb.

It normally kangeroos when on cold start, its a trait of the engine. Saying that ive just tried tesco mometeum 99, ive got to say, i avnt notice any kangerooing and seems to drive nicer.

Yes mate, they all do it. I ran mine on Momentum rather than V-Power and it almost eliminated the kangerooing. So you could try that.

Cheers guys its a pain aint it, I was pulling onto a roundabout and the power dipped I thought oh heck but it came back and I shot off. Is it any better letting out the clutch with more revs ? Think I'm being to gentle (running in) might just give it some more right foot.

Glad it's not just me.... I was thinking of putting the L plates back on, through the gears and handling I love mine but my **** take offs and kangaroo juice made my attempt at a 0-60 sprint a pathetic 8.14 on the sport monitor :worried:

Do you mean a lack of power when pulling away, even when warm?

These cars do seem to be fairly difficult to launch, too little revs and you have no power. Too many revs and the traction control kills everything, takes a lot of practise to get right!

@IAndy Nice one hows the drilling going ???

Seemed better on the run yesterday but coming home from work tonight I just couldn't get a smooth getaway at junctions.

Last edited:
Ive had mine 2 weeks now i initially posted the same about the kangarooing the day i picked it up lol why do they do this though could a remap cure it ?

I have a new feature in the bedroom..... A makita sds stuck outta the wall lol,

Am still struggling with the cold setting off, just been out for fuel and once warm it was a lot easier, but i think it could be me, also as anyone else got a bit of blue mesh under accelerator? Dunno if its some packaging from when car was delivered or not but don't want to pull it up if its meant to be there :s

I hear that removing the TCS helps? I feel like the lack of TCS made it smoother in the lower gears but it could have just been my imagination.

Can anyone confirm this?

I hear that removing the TCS helps? I feel like the lack of TCS made it smoother in the lower gears but it could have just been my imagination.

Can anyone confirm this?

ive heard this aswel, but recently found out using tesco 99 petrol has cured it for me, car seems to drive alot smoother

It normally kangeroos when on cold start, its a trait of the engine. Saying that ive just tried tesco mometeum 99, ive got to say, i avnt notice any kangerooing and seems to drive nicer.

This ^
Ran mine totally on V-Power since i got her as used to swear by it after filling a 350Z with it.
Filled the Clio up with some Tesco Momentum the other day and definitely runs smoother/drives nicer.

I have never experienced kangarooing in the 200 though we did in Emma's old 133. Switching to super juice on that car cured it. Our 200 has been run on Momentum all it's days and we've not experienced it.

We do experience the restricted performance from cold but that's meant to happen (stops you kaning it when it ain't supposed to be).

Had it on my 197. Not experienced it in my current 200. I use V-Power, 1 full tank in 4. The other 3 fill ups are standard Shell unleaded. Runs sweet.