Insurance settlement

Hey guys, as a few of you may know, my car has sadly been written off and I just got told the revised settlement amount. However, the insurance company is refusing to increase the value based on the colour and a bodykit. I'm not quite sure what to do about it seeing as we all know these things do affect the value. I was wondering if any of you could give me some pointers as to what I should do?
Thanks in advance :smile:

edit: they're basing this on the fact they don't count as an option although both of these things were factory options.

A bodykit?

I would email them example of your car that are selling at the moment and see if you can get a better figure.

See if you can get it in writing that LY was an £1800 option from Renault.

What they offer you?

IMO they are correct.

You could ask them for them though if in affect they are saying they are not insuring them?

A bodykit?

I would email them example of your car that are selling at the moment and see if you can get a better figure.

What they offer you?

You have to declare that at the time of insuring unfortunately, same as any optional extras. They don't have to pay out for anything over the standard setup of the model you have.

Still worth trying though, most companies will still budge a bit if pushed. Even if they aren't obliged!

A bodykit?

What they offer you?

the splitter and side skirts, i think they were like £800 factory option.
I agree, that's probably a good idea, I'll try that
They've offered me £7500 which isn't a bad offer, but considering they haven't included these thing I feel I could get more. (also £1100 excess is a killer)

IMO they are correct.

You could ask them for them though if in affect they are saying they are not insuring them?

Interesting point, worth a try :smile:

You have to declare that at the time of insuring unfortunately, same as any optional extras. They don't have to pay out for anything over the standard setup of the model you have.

Still worth trying though, most companies will still budge a bit if pushed. Even if they aren't obliged!

I'm pretty sure they never asked me what options the car has, they've certainly never suggested this to be the reason why they won't cover it

They should have asked you to detail any optional extras. I've been asked that several times.

A friend of mine declares the Chilli Pack on her MINI Cooper S for example.

7500 isn't bad at all.

Like suggested, i'd ask if you could go take the bits off that they weren't willing to cover.

They should have asked you to detail any optional extras. I've been asked that several times.

A friend of mine declares the Chilli Pack on her MINI Cooper S for example.

Agreed, my mum has a chilli pack and declared it and her premium went up a fair amount.

7500 seems a good deal to me, especially compared to the price of LY F1s on AT and PH atm..

It only had 30k miles on it, but yeah it isn't bad at all.
I'll try and push this point about not being asked about covering options.
Thanks alot people :smile:

I'd try and push for little more BUT as said that's a pretty good settlement IMO.
LY was an £1800 option yes but that's only going to get you a couple of hundred extra on a sale nowadays, I paid £7000 for my F1 with only 19,000 on the clock so these cars aren't commanding the prices they used to.

Good luck though, hopefully they'll offer that bit more and you'll be happy.

got a july 2007 price list and ly was £1200 including vat....so nowhere near £1800!!!!

£7500 is a cracking figure Id take that.

If you were to trade that in or sell it at to a dealer they'd probably offer you less.

As said that's a v good settlement as prices are dropping quick there was 2 liquid yellow f1's for sale last week at that price best you can do is send them adverts of similar cars that have sold recently but I doubt they will raise that figure.

There is 2 on autotrader, one is £6495 other £7995, I would try push insurance to go a little higher, then try get price down on the better one lol

Similar Thread Suggestions