Insurance for Options

Guys when arranging insurance if the car has factory fitted options do these count as modifications? I might have not declared the chassie pack on my car and was thinking if I wrote the car off its something that wouldnt be replaced. (saw Lloyds car, aweful) dont want that to be me.

But at the same time options dont increase the book price of a car which insurance will use as a guide. So I wouldnt expect more money back from them.

When I was considering changing my wheels I was told it would be an extra £20, but If the car was in a crash the wheels would not be covered or replaced even though I declared them? So whats the best to do? :confused1:

You have to declare any optional extras if your insurance company specify it in their T&C.

For example if you are with the Admiral group under “What is not covered” is this clause.

Any modifications unless they form part of the manufactures standard specification or are optional extras that we have agreed to cover.

Direct Line is the same, as I checked the T&C after finding this out.

Its just another way to **** us over, I hate insurance.

You have to declare the options. (was £50 more to declare cup chassis, speedlines, recaros and spoiler) then £35 or £40 to have them covered in he event of an accident

Oh c**p, i didn't know this either!
When i took my insurance out they only wanted to know of any non manufacturer mods, will be calling on monday to clarify... Thanks for the thread.

I managed to haggle for the GAP insurnace from the dealer so I just get a return to invoice for 3 years, and the invoice has all my options on obviously

I didn't declare any to Aviva as they wanted to know any post factory mods

yeah but if you dont declare they might void your insurance altogether. Then your GAP wont payout if the insurance is void.

Like I said, they asked for modifications, not optional extras, I haven't modified my car in any way:smile:

best to declare it as it's in the small print that even if they are factory fitted they should be declared! Can't argue for £50 as it means I dont have to worry if I have to claim as I declared everything

never have done it, never will. If it came out of the factory like thta then it is NOT MODIFIED !! Will definately tell about any mods I have done after such as exhaust etc

Similar Thread Suggestions