Information/ advice please

I put my car in on Monday morning to have what I thought were to be a few simple warranty issues seen too....

1. Carcked exhaust - fully replaced by Renault yesterday!

2. Replacement seat covers on drivers and passenger Recaro's - fully replaced yesterday!

3. Replacement of cooling fan - still to be completed as the mechanics now think there is a problem with one of the resistors.

I'm not too handy with engines and so I would like a little bit of advice on what this means with regard to the resistor?

Thanks

The resistor pack is what controls the heating/cooling in the car mate.

When it's faulty it will often just blow cold air and not warm up.

Exactly the problem I've been having, sat in traffic and just kept overheating so I guess thats what it will be.

Cheers

The resistor pack is what controls the heating/cooling in the car mate.

When it's faulty it will often just blow cold air and not warm up.

Exactly the problem I've been having, sat in traffic and just kept overheating so I guess thats what it will be.

Cheers

Crossed wires here.

The resistor pack failing was a common fault on the RS 1*2, but not on the 197 / 200 to my knowledge? It controlled the variable fan speed on the Climate Control.

This won't have anything to do with the cooling fan not working on the radiator, but may have its own resistor pack to vary the speed.

Maybe someone could confirm?

Crossed wires here.

The resistor pack failing was a common fault on the RS 1*2, but not on the 197 / 200 to my knowledge? It controlled the variable fan speed on the Climate Control.

This won't have anything to do with the cooling fan not working on the radiator, but may have its own resistor pack to vary the speed.

Maybe someone could confirm?

As its a cup 197 there is no climate control, so that answers that part of the issue.

The problem comes when I'm stuck in traffic or sat with the engine ticking over after even a 5 mile run and the temperature just keeps going up until I was getting a warning to turn off the engine!

Similar Thread Suggestions