Induction kit vs Upgraded panel filter

Whats your opinions then guys/girls?

Personalty Ive got a Ktech panel filter which is pretty good. What about induction kits, they are a marmite subject arnt they...

Some people say they are a waste of time and money with no actual effect on the car, others swear by them (I think)

Opinions welcome!!!!

Last edited:
i would stick to the panel filter myself,

on other cars the induction kits work great but not on the 197/200.

thats my thoughts anyway.

Depends wat you are after really...

If you want something t show off the the induction kit is you best friend, but all of the evidence point to it lowering performance - admittedly its not something you would notice day-to-day. But why pay money t go slower!? If you have a k-tec filter I would stick with it and enjoy a SLIGHT increase of induction noise and 0.5mpg extra. Iv got an ITG and more than happy with it, I dont feel a need to change.
Just my opinion of course

I do intend sticking with my panel filter. Ive had induction kits on previous cars in the past. Just don't see the need for on the on the 197

Hi

The Clio sports are that well designed that induction kits have been dyno proven to lose power.

I have even seen mapping companies being asked to take throttle bodies off clio sports before as the trumpets sit right over the radiator and suffer from poor volumetric efficency.

I'd stick with the panel filter mate, have a look at the size of the oem air box!

More than enough cold air can get through to the throttle body/ butterfly.

Hi m8,

i have a K&N Hi Flow on my 197 and I would advice against it for the Clio 197. The reasoning is that I have found that engine bay temperatures is very high for the clio which has a negative impact with open induction kits.

Ashe; that's the same for any car mate. It's called volumetric efficiency.

Open cone filter = bad matey

Ashe; that's the same for any car mate. It's called volumetric efficiency.

Open cone filter = bad matey

not really. what i mean is that even compared to other NA cars such as CTR the engine bay temp is considerably very high.

Open cone filters work well if your bay has good air circulation keeping the temps down, however the clio has quite a bad circulation in the bay. have to say that after a track day, I cant even open my bonnet.

Open cone filters only work well if the car runs boost and has a intercooler.

Running boosted makes I possible to acheieve volumetric efficiency of over 110%.

This is due to the air being under pressure btw.

the going thing on 172/182 are the espace v6 airbox and pipercross filter, was thinking of getting one and trying on my 197 but havent been bothered at the min.

V6 airbox might have adverse affects on sensors etc the airflow can be to great for injectors to cope.

shall i even bother then? or mabe a k-tec one? as the k-tec one i have on the 182 is ok sorta helped the kangarooing if thats how you spell it didnt do much els otherwise

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions