Identifying Xenons

Is it as simple as...

If the car has headlamp washer jets? Some adverts for the 197's say they have Xenons but then people have some back to me and said not...

Also the cornering lighting? was thatan optional extra or did it come as standard depending on weather you got xenon lights or not?

Thanks

Liam

Xenons (the genuine original ones) will have the black plastic washer jets sticking out the front bumper. If it hasn't got them then chances are they're HID upgrades or normal lights or projector lights.
Projector lights look similar to the xenons as they both have grey surrounds. They both have 'domes' and both come with fixed corning lights (extra bulbs to the sides).
Normal lights have chrome surrounds and normal bulbs, with no cornering bulbs either. These were standard, the others are optional.

Xenons (the genuine original ones) will have the black plastic washer jets sticking out the front bumper. If it hasn't got them then chances are they're HID upgrades or normal lights or projector lights.
Projector lights look similar to the xenons as they both have grey surrounds. They both have 'domes' and both come with fixed corning lights (extra bulbs to the sides).
Normal lights have chrome surrounds and normal bulbs, with no cornering bulbs either. These were standard, the others are optional.

amazing thanks alot!! :thumbup:

Another way of telling, just to be sure is looking for the automatic adjusters.

Not sure on the renault but most cars i've seen with them on have a switch that touches the lower arms, as the suspension moves the lights adjust up/down.

washers=Xenons. they have to have them by law as well as auto levelling, to test this just switch the lights on (ideally pointed at something like a wall) and you'll see them move up and down briefly to set the level.
And as Arran says the cornering bit is identifiable by having extra headlight bulbs on the edges of both headlights, again to test with the lights on turn the steering either way and after about a quarter turn they come on, mine only worked upto about 35mph mind after that they don't.

sorry to divert the thread a bit but does that apply to the 200 lights as well? i have factory fitted projectors with cornering bulbs but the cornering lights never turn on... i asked renault and they said that there maybe a module in the engine bay that needs activating in order for them to switch on, they said they can take it all apart and try but they didn't guarantee it would work, has anyone else had this issue?

washers=Xenons. they have to have them by law as well as auto levelling, to test this just switch the lights on (ideally pointed at something like a wall) and you'll see them move up and down briefly to set the level.
And as Arran says the cornering bit is identifiable by having extra headlight bulbs on the edges of both headlights, again to test with the lights on turn the steering either way and after about a quarter turn they come on, mine only worked upto about 35mph mind after that they don't.

Auto adjustment? Sure?

How will that effect after market HID's without auto that have manual?

sorry to divert the thread a bit but does that apply to the 200 lights as well? i have factory fitted projectors with cornering bulbs but the cornering lights never turn on... i asked renault and they said that there maybe a module in the engine bay that needs activating in order for them to switch on, they said they can take it all apart and try but they didn't guarantee it would work, has anyone else had this issue?

never had that issue mate since you've paid for it and car is under warranty i'd get it in and make them fix it and get it working tbh

richard i also find it strange as they turn of after 35mph:/ my cornering lights have came on round a bend doing 60 odd mph

Auto adjustment? Sure?

How will that effect after market HID's without auto that have manual?

Thats why the MOT is trying to ban them.

When you get blinded by some chav in his saxo who has them, it's because they do not auto adjust.:thumbdown:

You have to be traveling at something silly like <20mph while turning for them to actually "corner" into the direction your turning the wheel.

So basically turn into a corner at slow speeds and the headlight beams should follow you.

smiler;230561 richard i also find it strange as they turn of after 35mph:/ my cornering lights have came on round a bend doing 60 odd mph[/QUOTE said:
Nope mine definitely only work under that kind of speed, never had them on over that. Think it even says in the book that they become de-active over a certain mph......not that I ever really read the book of course!