How to remove the front Renault badge?

Hi everyone,

found a thread on the badge theme but noone there mentioned the front one so I decided to make a new thread - hope this is ok.

I saw that some of the members here painted their front Renault badge/sign. Any info on how to get it of so I can paint it? :confused:

i have had mine done m8 but removed the badges, to get to the front one you open the bonnet and then you remove the bolts by the headlights and some plastic clips along the top of the front bumper , i then pulled the bumper cover forward so you can reach down behind it. You then locate the back of the badge it is held on with two t20 torx bolts, undo these and then the badge comes off.
Refitting is just the reverse, i hope this helps

rich

Just went to look at it and it might be just the way you posted. Many thanks for the idea :wink:

Sooooo I tried to remove it like you said. When I raise the bumper I don't see any screws (torxs) :scared:

There are just to plastic clips where I think the badge should be screwed in play :huh: the clips can only be moved in one direction - towards the middle but I still can't remove the badge then.....I moved one clip inwards in tried to pull the badge out but it simple wouldn't move :bored:

Any other ideas?

hi m8 just feel down the back of the bumper and you should find them there are clips but you need to remove screws as well

rich

It's seems that I'm blind. Just can't find what's holding the front badge in the bumper :thumbdown: got everything apart today and looked behind the badge/bumper and couldn't see any screws that would hold the badge. Got my hand in and couldn't touch any screws either but just to plastic clips. Tried to push them inwards but the badge didn't move a bit :thumbdown:

Here's how the backside looks - if you could look from the engine bay towards the back of the bumper.

untitled-1.jpg

Black "box" is the intake for the induction pipe infront of the intake manifold. Everything else (black) is supose to be the black plastic behind the bumper and the clips are marked red.

Where should the screws be? What else could hold the badge?

Help :confused1:

Noone? So far got this pic but I already removed those screws and clips so I could lift the bumper and get behind it.

1.jpg

Still waiting for the pic - what holds the badge in - or maybe anyone can help?

i had a look yesterday after attempting to change my headlight bulbs. i could see the same thing as you. had a quick feel for any torx bolts but couldnt find any, so gave up.

same with the rear one. took all the plastic surrounds off, but there seemed no way to get the badge off without breaking all the clips!

Chris

Last edited:
Damn :thumbdown: the dealer said that if I can't get it off by lifting the bumper the only other way is to remove the bumper :thumbdown:

i had a look yesterday after attempting to change my headlight bulbs. i could see the same thing as you. had a quick feel for any torx bolts but couldnt find any, so gave up.

same with the rear one. took all the plastic surrounds off, but there seemed no way to get the badge off without breaking all the clips!

Chris

The rear one just pops off or it did on mine took it off today! Front one is still confusing me will have another look and see if I can get it off

It's because the torx screws point downwards, they're under the badge housing. It is damn near impossible without taking the bumper off.