How to fit bumper grills?

Hey guys,

I recently bought a new front bumper for my 197 and it came with the grills not fitted. Does anyone know the technique of fitting these? Obviously I know they clip in but the two either side of the diamond seem especially difficult to slot into place?

Any tips?

You push upwards and the clips for them are at the bottom. Might be a but hard to clip in because they're just clipping into flimsy plastic.

Upwards to locate and clip at bottom.

Thanks mate. Managed it ok in the end. Just seemed like the needed a lot of pushing and don't look very strong so I was a bit nervous about breaking something.

Ive got the opposite problem, any advice on getting those two grills out without removing the whole front bumper?

If you undo the bolts on top of the bumper it MAY give you enough space to get behind the grills.

A knife or flat screwdriver and a cloth. Use the cloth to protect the paint on the bumper, the slide the knife under the bottom of the grille. There are 2 or 3 clips that hold it in place, once you find them it's fairly easy to pop them out.

Chris