How much should I be asking for my Clio?

Ryster

Paid Member
Hopefully some of you lot can guide me here. Looking to sell my Black 60 plate 200 soon. It's a non cup version so silver Brembos and standard seats. It's got factory fitted projectors with cornering lights, Bluetooth as well as the usual powerfold mirrors and Climate control.

It's had one previous owner before me, and is currently sat on 15,300 miles. It's got a full set of new Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetrics that have done about 250 miles and has just last week had the big 6 year service with all the timing and cambelt and pump change. Also had the gearbox oil changed.

Could anyone give me an idea on what I should be looking to sell for? It's got no finance on it so I'm not looking for a specific figure to clear any outstanding finance so I'm really unsure on what to put as an asking price on it.

Help appreciated and hope this post isn't out of place

Sounds like a nice no-hassle car to a prospective buyer, though they may be put off by it not having the Cup pack. Mine doesn't either and there's some unnecessary stigma attached to that. nothing a set of Eibach's can't sort!
For those who can see past that, surely it could fetch at least £9,250? I really have no idea, I had a look on eBay yesterday and prices seem to be all over the place. All depends what your gut thinks and how quickly you want it gone.
I'm sure someone with more sense will come along and give a better opinion!

Sounds like a nice no-hassle car to a prospective buyer, though they may be put off by it not having the Cup pack. Mine doesn't either and there's some unnecessary stigma attached to that. nothing a set of Eibach's can't sort!
For those who can see past that, surely it could fetch at least £9,250? I really have no idea, I had a look on eBay yesterday and prices seem to be all over the place. All depends what your gut thinks and how quickly you want it gone.
I'm sure someone with more sense will come along and give a better opinion!

Thanks mate, was assuming it would be around 8k? I'll have to see what other prices are doing at the moment.

Its a virgin car 15k miles !
Sounds like a good exampler too

Ive got a work van so it only really gets used a couple of times a week, and for trips to centre parcs. The only real issue is a melting steering wheel, but that's it. Hopefully I won't have to much bother selling it.

If it were to sell in the £8k bracket, it would be at the top end I'm sure (and someone would be driving away in a bargain!). Still waiting for someone to tell me to never value a car again! :smiley:

I would say around the £8000 mark sounds right, sounds like a good example. I wouldn't let it go for under 8k

Last edited:
My gut feeling before reading the comments are £8,000 lowest as well. I traded in a 59 Black full fat (cup etc), 40k miles, same new tyres, same seats, one a year ago and the dealer was asking £8,250 for the resell. It hadn't had the 6 year service but it did have the replacement gear box - that will be the first question and concern that people will have.