How hard can it be?

Jesse James

Platinum Member
Right then guys its time for a daft question but i live to dream. how hard is it to turn a car into a pick up? what sort of knowledge would i need and what level of ability? i am totally interested in any positive input so fire away guys :thumbsup:

It is impossible to do a 197 it can't be done don't be drawn in noooo.

It depends on the car a land rover would be fairly easy but a car with a monocoque chassis, by cutting the body you are cutting the chassis, greatly weakening it that's why most convertible cars are nowhere near as strong as their hard top counterparts. And their heavier as extra material has to be welded in to bring back the rigidity.

no no wasnt thinking the 197 maybe mk2. that mk3 is mental and definatly not the direction i am looking to go as far a butchering a master piece :tongue_smilie:

I love it still after 3 and a half years of ownership. Recently had some h&r 30 40 springs fitted and I have fallen for it again just when you thought it was at its best ha ha.

Nice to hear the love for a Cup. So many haters lol. Mines unmodified and plan on keeping it that way but you never know. For me personally to sell it on, it's a blank canvas. I don't plan on selling though yet:wink: