Hiya, new Scottish member, new car, garage reccomendation

Aftermarket are usually 2.5". A larger dia pipe allows more flow so usually gains bhp (not so much on these cars though).

Check the scuttle for standing water, there shouldn't be any. If there is the drainage channels are blocked so check inside for water ingress. Good idea to check these once or twice a year anyway. Also check sticking calipers, especially the rear, very common.

Cheers, i'd though that anything massive say 3" or bigger may cause a lack of back pressure and thus cause some scavenging of inlet gasses and thus loss of power. I am massively unfamiliar with these engines though so happy to be incorrect :smile:

Oh yeah obviously anything over that your going to be seeing losses, any aftermarket exhaust designed for these cars is going to be smaller than that, just perhaps if it were a custom job...

Thanks for the help folks, feeling much more prepared now. Will be radio silent until about 4pm on Tuesday due to heading down to Glasgow to meet up with friends and head to a gig a this morning. Will have a quick look when I wake up, wish me luck.
Cheers!

oh, piss :'( at least it puts me in a strong haggling position knowing there is a rather huge bill looming. That being said, if we can't agree on the price, it's not as it was originally described, so i'd be getting my deposit back and looking for another 197. Unfortunately they are few and far between in Scotland atm.
150 quid labour for one ball joint. Really not too bad.

Will get some pictures tomorrow, she is a little rough though. We named her squeeee, because before i pulled it off and greased it (not fun at the side of the M80 ) the o/s/r caliper was binding enough to squeak like buggery.
Here are the dealer pics which have yet to be taken down, I got it for quite a chunk less than advertised due to plenty moaning and being a picky git.

http://www.hillingtonparkcars.co.uk...-vvt-renaultsport-3dr-glasgow-201510077583755

Anybody know where to get the correct endplates for the spoiler, currently it just has badly cut carbon fibre stickers.

Will get some pictures tomorrow, she is a little rough though. We named her squeeee, because before i pulled it off and greased it (not fun at the side of the M80 ) the o/s/r caliper was binding enough to squeak like buggery.
Here are the dealer pics which have yet to be taken down, I got it for quite a chunk less than advertised due to plenty moaning and being a picky git.

http://www.hillingtonparkcars.co.uk...-vvt-renaultsport-3dr-glasgow-201510077583755

Anybody know where to get the correct endplates for the spoiler, currently it just has badly cut carbon fibre stickers.

I may be wrong but it dont think you can buy those separately, also 80k isnt high mileage :-p

Must try harder, first day total, 250 miles after detours and backroads :smiley:
I might see if i can get some on ebay, if not i'll get some steel plate and see if i can make something half decent. When i get photo's up tomorrow you'll see the source of my hate

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20160203_101513.jpg
    IMG_20160203_101513.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 19
I think ktec do the carbon end plates. Quite dear though. Any plans for it?

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dancliovalver New Members 23
S New Members 9
S New Members 20
M New Members 12
T New Members 24