HID's...Yes or No?

Hey

I really want to change the lights on my 197 but not sure what to do.

Ive asked a lot of people who all have mixed opinions about hids, are there alternatives/different bulbs i can get?

If i was just to go for the hids are there extras needed or does everything come in the kit?

Sorry for the novicey questions but all help appreciated :smile:

Thanks

Do you have the projector style headlights? Fitting HIDs in reflectors brings a curse upon you.....

Don't get hid's without projector headlights. Looking at your pics, you have reflector headlights. With hid's and reflectors, the light spread will be wrong. you can get different halogen bulbs but they won't come close to the light output of hid's.

Bumper off, new headlights in. Need to attach the ballast somewhere, zip tie to the scuttle at the front probably?

Just takes time.

I've not long since fitted HID's to my standard reflector headlights and think they are fantastic.

The light is so much better, whiter.

I did'nt go for an high powered kit, just 4300 and 35w ones, not had anyone flash me when they are on, beam seems to be fine.

I got small brackets with my ballasts and with the bumper off i drilled a small hole into the large plastic front panel and used a self tapper to hold it all under the headlights. piece of cake to fit.

i fitted projector headlights to my 200 and fitted hid pro kit from the company called hid 4 u there brill and defo worth getting. there easy to fit i attached ballast to the side of the cross member as there was plenty of room. there h1 bulbs you would need to get if you get projector lights.

i fitted projector headlights to my 200 and fitted hid pro kit from the company called hid 4 u there brill and defo worth getting. there easy to fit i attached ballast to the side of the cross member as there was plenty of room. there h1 bulbs you would need to get if you get projector lights.

Good kit but not cheap. We stock them, and marginally cheaper than buying from Hids4u direct :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions