HID's in Non Projector Head Lamps

^ That pic says 1000 words, they are dazzling just look at it the light is scattering EVERYWHERE in that picture. Following a police car means nothing either, for starters they might not have even been a traffic officer in which case they dont care. They also might have had more important things to deal with rather than wasting time stopping you and issuing a warning/fixed penalty or whatever.

Anyway no amount of me pointing out the obvious is going to change things but please stop using ignorance as some kind of deffence for what you are doing.

Last edited:
I will be fitting Hids in my new 200, have had them in cars for 3 years now, been stopped by traffic officers who have no problem, at the end of the day (in my view) my safety is the most important :smile:

i have hids in my 200 which are reflective

i have also had hids in my projectors in my mk7 fiesta

had no probs with either. neither have people i have follewed. mid you i make sure they are aligned propperly after fitting

i dont find them annoying at all, even when other road users have them. i find the 'sidelight and foglight' combo more of an irritant tbh

Wow i wasnt aware such a thing existed to be honest! I cant see how that would fit the standard headlight however, i think that would be a replacement for the lense unit in the projector headlights not an addition for the standard units.

you need to take the headlamp apart, heat it up so the glue stops holding and from what I read on other forums the projector simply screws in the H1 / H7 / H4 "hole" :smile: you need to get the correct one though so it fits! just came upon this a few days ago when I was searching for some companies who convert headlamps to xenon / bixenon - was going to ask if they can do anything about my factory xenon on my 197 as it doesnt emit as much light as I expected from a brand new set of bulbs... anyway, thought this was interesting, not as easy to install as the ordinary HID sets though

You can indeed install new projectors in your headlamps. Those projectors are not worth the effort though but there are many on the market.

The headlamps doesn't seem to open up with heat though but I haven't tried enough heat and time combo yet. Once open you will need to do some modding before they'll fit whichever headlight you have.

Take a look a hidplanet and you'll find lots of info.

Similar Thread Suggestions