Hibernation...

Wisenatcho

Paid Member
Hi Guys, Looking for advice on what precautions/steps I should take to protect my Clio whilst its is SORN'ed and stationary over the winter. I'm currently in the process of stripping it out and converting to a track day only car, but sadly don't have the luxury of Garage space or a spare shipping container so she is going to have to weather it out at the end of the drive. :sleepy:
Cheers!

Apperently that's the wrong thing to do as heating and cooling lets moisture in. Just going by what I've done for years with bikes.

That answers that then! not much else you can do really then.

Will be worth giving inside a good clean so no mold etc gets inside.

@Adam_C @LOCKE - Thanks for the advice guys, just what I was after. :thumb:
Have already got the cover on order, but hadn't considered moisture build up... Did make sure I cleaned out the windscreen scuttle though, hopefully that should prevent any unwanted flooding!

Reactions: LOCKE
@Adam_C @LOCKE - Thanks for the advice guys, just what I was after. :thumb:
Have already got the cover on order, but hadn't considered moisture build up... Did make sure I cleaned out the windscreen scuttle though, hopefully that should prevent any unwanted flooding!

Welcome, hope the hibernation goes ok while you get her ready for track! got plenty of time till next year to get the car sorted! (keep us updated on how your getting on)

I've read some people like to block up their intake/exhausts to prevent bugs or something larger crawling in there and making a mess. Raising the car on all four corners is something I would do to prevent the bearings developing a flat spot, it gives you the added bonus of being able to rotate each wheel then to prevent the discs/pads from sticking too.

Right, will definitely jack it up this weekend. Much lighter too now the interior has been stripped ha!
@Chris Sadly no power nearby otherwise that would be a good call.

I've read some people like to block up their intake/exhausts to prevent bugs or something larger crawling in there and making a mess. Raising the car on all four corners is something I would do to prevent the bearings developing a flat spot, it gives you the added bonus of being able to rotate each wheel then to prevent the discs/pads from sticking too.
I'm sure I covered that. :think: