hi newbie here

Hi i,m Jamie just thought id say hello as this is my first post . I currently drive a corsa but I,m soon to be driving a clio 197. I,ve been told the gearbox can be a problem as the synchromesh goes can anyone tell me how i would know if the gearbox was on its way out does it feel clunky or anything like that . Also is there anything else to look out for . I,m going to view a couple this weekend so any advice would be appreciated I,m looking from years 2007/2009 . I,m looking forward to getting my new clio 197 just cant wait :thumbsup:

Hi Jamie. Take a look at the buyers guise, a few posts above yours.

The gearbox has a "crunch" to do. Can be in high revs so make sure you take it for a decent test drive.

Welcome along matey.

Gearbox's like people have said are hit and miss with these but a 200 would be a safer option.

Brakes are also another thing to check closely as these have a history of ceasing to the caliper if not cleaned regularly every year or so.

Welcome bud.

Gearboxes are very hit and miss. Best way to check is slip it into 4th at high revs, ive had mine replacedbtw, it is a very clear crunch.

Cheers for the welcomes guys and the helpful info on the gearbox issue . One of the cars I,m going to see has had the clio 200 box fitted to it under warranty in 2012. So maybe that would be a good thing it also says that its a bit quicker off the mark with the 200 box fitted .

Cheers for the welcomes guys and the helpful info on the gearbox issue . One of the cars I,m going to see has had the clio 200 box fitted to it under warranty in 2012. So maybe that would be a good thing it also says that its a bit quicker off the mark with the 200 box fitted .

They do have different ratios from the 197 so quite possibly yeah. Wouldn't have thought it would be noticeable though.

Welcome though matey :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions