Help! Paint/Laquer Peeling?

Will the Warranty etc. not apply to me as I am the second owner?

Shouldnt matter. I bought my 200 when it was a year old and I've had warranty work done. All they wanted was the reg to check the age and then it was all go.

No I didn't, bought it around April last year. 1 Lady owner previously. Still glad I did, although my wallet is becoming considerably lighter.

Will the Warranty etc. not apply to me as I am the second owner?

Sound like been respray the bonnet before for some reason. Very unlikely if that renault paintwork goes wrong because rare have that happened.

Problem is second hand car, you never know where the car been or if been look after.

Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks mate.

Yeah I did consider that, but there is no paperwork to suggest otherwise and the HPI check came back clear. I guess that doesn't mean that something hasn't happened though.

The credit card will be coming out for the cambelt and service in the next week or so and then once i hear from Renault whether or not they are going to cover it to any extent (doubtful) then I will go and get the bonnet done.

As Renault may take a few weeks to get back to me, is it worth protecting the exposed area to stop it being so prone to rust etc? Or is this unlikely to happen in the next few weeks?

Glad i found this. I gave my 06 197 a quick jet wash at weekend as was **** filthy (never use them normally, did to just get most of the heavy crap off) and on the passenger rear quarter where the door closes the laquer has stated to peel real bad. What did you do in the end mate? Ive got to get mine sorted as i clean the clio every week and its just goin to get worse. Wil give renault a call but i cant see them doing anything.

Glad i found this. I gave my 06 197 a quick jet wash at weekend as was **** filthy (never use them normally, did to just get most of the heavy crap off) and on the passenger rear quarter where the door closes the laquer has stated to peel real bad. What did you do in the end mate? Ive got to get mine sorted as i clean the clio every week and its just goin to get worse. Wil give renault a call but i cant see them doing anything.

To be honest I haven't had it done yet. I've been hand washing the clio whilst being considerably careful with that general area.

Had a load of quotes but getting made redundant at the end of the month so going to use that money to get it done as well as the cambelt (and find another job)

As I didn't have the cash to do it then, a fella at a garage came out with some lacquer and gave it a quick 3 coats and said that it should stop any further issues until I get it sorted. Around the 300 quid mark I believe still.

It's easily done, apparently Civic's are more badly affected due to the low nose (stone chips peeling paint back etc)

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful :worried:

My uncles doin mine but i need to get some quotes first as hes over on east coast. Ive got it on the rear quarter below the bump strip about 2' by 6' also have a small patch on the boot. Cant work out whats caused it, ive never had this happen before and i have owned a fair few cars. Mates civic is peeling round the rear window but he jet washs that all the time. Goin to see a sprayer later so will let you no what they say.

I do painting as a hobbie and I would not worry about fresh paint standing out over the rest, most colours have few shades to choose from so can get a good match to your current paint.

I am always bit careful of washing cars with jet wash, don't really realise how strong they are

I have the same on my rear quater panel, next to the rear wheel arch. It will require a respray :worried: Alien Green is a pain to paint, i will have to repaint the whole side of the car to get a perfect tone with the green on the rest of the car... Very expensive job but it's the only way to get the car looking good again in terms of paintwork so i feel your pain :wink: