Help needed quite desperately...

Yiannis197

Paid Member
To say I'm gutted is an understatement. I took my car to be cleaned the other day and the guy used a spray product for the door seals or whatever which it ruined my bodywork decals! I didn't notice it at first (I wish I did) so when I did I tried to clean it but no luck. I also tried AG rubber care but didn't do a thing. Please tell me that there is a product (vinyl cleaner or something similar) out there which can take these stains away...

null_zpscde3b3de.jpg
null_zps6e0a1dd7.jpg

Thanks.

Last edited:
Take it back to the guy and get him to do it? If he can't then he needs to fix it some how unless it was cash in hand and he isn't an actual business.

Hmm.quite clueless when it comes to detailing products so please go easy on me:smile:

have you tried an ipa wipe?

MP, can I ask what an IPA wipe is?

EDIT. Got it, haven't tried it though, I'll give it a go..

Tried tar and glue remover?

I've got tardis (is this the one you are talking about mate?) but this is not tar I'm dealing with, it's as if the spray traces have been soaked inside the sticker kind of speech if that makes sense. And can I use tardis on vinyls? Cheers for the responses.

Last edited:
Take it back to the guy and get him to do it? If he can't then he needs to fix it some how unless it was cash in hand and he isn't an actual business.

No I didn't take the car to a detailer or something. It was just a car wash and it's been 5 days now. The irony is that I also tipped him off thinking (at the time) that he did a great job! lol

I don't think tradis would be affective but if you are going to try it be very quick and don't let it dry not forgetting to wash it off.

might be an idea to go see him even if its to find out what he has put on it.

it MAY be an acid thats burnt the sticker.

Rainox may remove it also if you have it? or a none branded anti rain product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't use tardis! Something that smells that bad can only make things worse.

Try a gentle polish first. Then move onto something more aggressive if it doesn't work.

Tardis will only absolve the glue under the stickers. I'm not sure what can help sorry! It's like it's had acetone on it or something.

autoglym vinyl and rubber care spray often makes plastics look like that, we get it a lot at work, usually another application of the same spray ,all over and rubbed in usually gets rid of it

its only about a fiver, so worth a go

autoglym vinyl and rubber care spray often makes plastics look like that, we get it a lot at work, usually another application of the same spray ,all over and rubbed in usually gets rid of it

its only about a fiver, so worth a go

My thoughts exactly looks like a silicone dressing dried up in spots but its tricky to see in the photo hopefully its not something that has reacted with the graphic

Thanks for the replies guys. I did try auto glum vinyl and rubber care at first (as I mentioned on my OP) but it didn't work. I'll pop to the car wash just to see what on earth they used so as to know what I'm up against.

Any other better (more efficient maybe) vinyl polish products apart from AG. I just hope that the sticker is not ruined...

I've seen a thread on here about this - somebody had the same issue and they sorted it out - check the detailing section of the forum and search vinyl

Tamz

I used AG SRP on mine when they went funny, didn't quite look like that but it worked a treat.
My dad (Works in the sign industry) believes that dirt/chemicals get stuck in the pores as it's a cheap vinyl.