Hello....just bought a 197 and what better place to come!!

Welcome, looks smart, what's extras does it have?

Will

(formerly will cs197)

Its got climate control and not too sure about folding mirrors ect. Doesn't have recaro's but that's fine with me. Being a slighlty larger lad I don't fit them as comfortably. Standard stereo but that's something I intent to replace as I want ipod and possibly DAB but depends on prices ect.

Sounds cool, in glovebox in mine there's a box which I put a head phone jax cable to (aux) and ran it through the dash and out hand real for my iPod... Radio is good enough easy £1.99 fix :wink:

Last edited:
Quick update, went to collect car today. The garage were ment to be spraying a small scratch on the back bumper, the quality of this was dreadful so declined to take the car, on a positive note the garage are re-doing the job and delivering it tuesday which saves me a 60 mile round trip. They are also fitting a replacement climate control display as the one in the car has some led broken on the display and deliverijng with a full tank.

Bit pissed off but its only another couple of days. I did have another quick drive in it with the old dear, as she hadn't seen it. Speed shocked her a little.

Best to have it right because they will deny any knowledge once it leaves the forecourt

Good lad, same thing happened with mine, scuff on rear arch, took ages to sort, but the wait was worth it

Finally got some pictures up

Here we are some decent pictures of the new motor. Gave it a good clean up today got pretty dirty in a week. Loving life in it, need to get myself a renaultsport trim for the steering wheel, some more white interior leds and a megane footrest.

Attachments

• DSC01271+1+1.jpg
    DSC01271+1+1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC01274+1.jpg
    DSC01274+1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC01275+1+1.jpg
    DSC01275+1+1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC01278+1.jpg
    DSC01278+1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC01282+1+1.jpg
    DSC01282+1+1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 22
I have seen you about Southampton mate! Almost **** myself the other day cause I was driving one of the work cars about and saw you infront and I thought someone had stolen my car. Not many Albi 197's around here!

welcome, cam. just had a look at your pictures, nice car. you have also got xenons, and your stereo isnt the factory standard unit, it looks like the cabasse. which has the 6 disc changer in the dash, and the head unit is under the seat, which may cause a problem if changing to aftermarket head unit, as some of the cables are plugged and extended from the dash to under the seat, and i beleive the areil goes straight to under the seat, so that will need extending to the dash. but dont quote me on it.

I have seen you about Southampton mate! Almost **** myself the other day cause I was driving one of the work cars about and saw you infront and I thought someone had stolen my car. Not many Albi 197's around here!

I can imagine it did, give me a flash next time i drive past you! I have only seen one other 197 in area which was a nice yellow F1 but not albi. I think there is a couple of 200's around.

Cheers for the heads up on the stereo just went to put a cd in today & it wouldn't take it, read this went out to look & it said select then I fiddled & pressed 1. Hey pressto!! That was the first time I even looked to put cd in, to busy enjoying the sounds the car makes. That's a nice little surprise.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
N New Members 4
Ldw93 New Members 17
deadonkey New Members 11
P New Members 12