Heater Resistor 197

Hi People.
I have a 2006 197 and some of the heater fan speeds have stopped working. I have researched and been told that it's the fan resistor. I checked my manual and the web to find its location etc and eventually found it in a different place to where I had been directed, but that's another story. I took the existing resistor out and the only part reference is Valeo PA66. I contacted Renault and the part was priced at £92 and a local parts dealer quoted £125 plus VAT. Does anyone out there know if there's a different part reference or if a resistor from another model will fit? Plus anywhere I am likely to get a cheaper one?
Thanks in anticipation.

I have the same problem, search on eBay, there is someone doing a new resistor with new loom (the loom melts onto the resistor) for around £50. I haven't bought it yet but will be soon

[MENTION=50545]Pigeon[/MENTION] - I'd seriously advise you try putting power to the motor directly first as I've had three Clio III's in this month that have had no heater blower function and they all needed water damaged motors replacing. I'm not saying it's not the rheostat but it takes 5mins to rule out the motor unit vs wasting £140
[MENTION=28215]keljon[/MENTION] - That's not a normal issue on the Clio III but extremely common on the Scenic II. Be sure that rheostat is the same before you buy it.

I got a resistor a couple weeks back off ebay for £23 listed for a megane 2. Same parts as long as u dont have climate control I think. Double check the connector block too as theu have a tendancy to ark and put a hole through the connector and as above a loom and resistor kit is about £50

Could to with checking my motor. How would I connect power to it directly? From the red and black wires coming off the heater resistor and where would you get the power from to test with? Sorry to drag up an old thread

normal a/c to do the good properly its dash out. but when we do them we cut the wires going to the fan as per renaults guidelines.
it will proberly need a reostat and loom connector.