Headlight help

Hi folks, I have factory projector headlights with xeon and cornering function. I'm needing new replacement units.
I'm struggling to find which ones to order. Are the halogen projectors the same and I just replace with my bulbs?
Would anyone care to link which headlight I need? Seen some on eurocarparts, but in the fitment detail it states halogen

Many thanks.

My lights
IMG_2059.jpg

As far as I'm aware, the halogen & xenon light units are different - although they appear similar.
What's wrong with your existing light units?

As stated above, the units are different, the xenon ones have the ballast to power the xenon bulbs, this is a part blanked out on the halogen projectors.

Sorry I can't be more help with part numbers.

You'll have to go to a Renault dealer (or Renault parts direct) or try to find some secondhand. Be warned, they're a lot more expensive than the halogen units.
Although there were xenon aftermarket units available the issue is finding someone who stocks them or can actually source them.

Why exactly do you need to replace them though?

I recently bought the projector headlights from an accident damaged clio, plan to install them on my clio as I currently have halogen lights. Is there something special needed, or is it a direct swap?

I recently bought the projector headlights from an accident damaged clio, plan to install them on my clio as I currently have halogen lights. Is there something special needed, or is it a direct swap?

They are a direct swap, you just won't have the cornering lights. Some people have wired them up to their full beams but it's up to yourself.

not sure about the uk, but the lhd ones had two or three different kinds depending on the model year... my first 197 had a d2s ones, after about a year after the purchase I found that one was different, the car must have had some sort of an accident I guess, anyway, one of those headlights, the original I presume had a small ballast unit, whereas the other had one at least double the size, both were d2s, but also they had slightly different depth of the projector inside,

now on my second 197, both headlights original since new, they are yet another kind :smile: ordered D2S bulbs as was sure about that, took the bumper off, removed the headlights and there comes the surprise of them being D1S LOL so best check what kind you have on the car, what bulb, and check the size of the ballast unit