Headlight help

This may have already been asked but I couldn't find it on a search.

When I first turn on my headlights they are a really nice xenon white colour but as they heat up they begin to turn to a normal yellow colour which I don't think looks half as good. Does anyone know why? Do the bulbs need replacing and if so to what? All these shops claim they sell white bulbs but after reading a few things I'm sceptical about paying £40 for them to be cr*p.....

Also I have read about projectors and was told about them by the sales assistant but what exaclty is the difference between them and normal bulbs?

cheers!

This may have already been asked but I couldn't find it on a search.

When I first turn on my headlights they are a really nice xenon white colour but as they heat up they begin to turn to a normal yellow colour which I don't think looks half as good. Does anyone know why? Do the bulbs need replacing and if so to what? All these shops claim they sell white bulbs but after reading a few things I'm sceptical about paying £40 for them to be cr*p.....

Also I have read about projectors and was told about them by the sales assistant but what exaclty is the difference between them and normal bulbs?

cheers!

Night breaker plus are ok which we can supply you or if you want more of a blue tinged HID look we can sort that.

Projectors normally give a better beam pattern and distance :smile: projectors are the type of lamp not the bulb mate.

What headlights you got? Do you have headlight washers?

Yeah they do have headlight washers but I can't really say anything else about them. The main beam has a sort of fisheye type thing infront of the bulb if that helps? Isn't that what the projector thing is? I really have no idea I'm afraid and don't know anyone else with a 197 to compare to......

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions