Headlight Bulbs Changed

Hi all

Changed my headlight and side light bulbs today with a bit of help from Paddys how to guide so cheers mate,:thumbup1:

used,
H7 phillips X-treme Vision bulbs for the main beam
and carbonfanatics 501 LED's for the side lights

What i want to know is,are the main beam bulbs the same as the full beam bulbs as i quite fancy changing them as well for those late night spirited drives...cheers for any help

scott

Hi all

Changed my headlight and side light bulbs today with a bit of help from Paddys how to guide so cheers mate,:thumbup1:

used,
H7 phillips X-treme Vision bulbs for the main beam
and carbonfanatics 501 LED's for the side lights

What i want to know is,are the main beam bulbs the same as the full beam bulbs as i quite fancy changing them as well for those late night spirited drives...cheers for any help

scott

Both h7 mate.

Both h7 mate.

ah nice one cheers fella,got the bulbs off amazon,£20 reduced from £45 so i think i'll buy another set

i have to admit,when i fitted the main beam bulbs today i put them in the full beam slot then stood there scratching my head going,hmmmm! then the penny dropped!

i must add there is no need to remove the front bumper to replace any of the bulbs in the headlights

ah nice one cheers fella,got the bulbs off amazon,£20 reduced from £45 so i think i'll buy another set

i have to admit,when i fitted the main beam bulbs today i put them in the full beam slot then stood there scratching my head going,hmmmm! then the penny dropped!

i must add there is no need to remove the front bumper to replace any of the bulbs in the headlights

It can be done with bumper in situ yep :smile:

Good price that on the Philips :wink:

Good you found the guide useful. I used the same Philips bulbs and got them off amazon for the same price. The light from them is purer white I found and they were well worth the money. I did dipped and full beam at the same time and they were both H7 (in the 200).

Sorry to hijack but after fitting an HID kit to miine i want some 'whiter' bulbs for the high beam as the yellow tinge on high beam is making me feel ill :blush:hmy:

Saw these on ebay and just wondered if they were needed, if i was to go for an 100w bulb or it's just another ebay scam/money making excercise?

Sorry to hijack but after fitting an HID kit to miine i want some 'whiter' bulbs for the high beam as the yellow tinge on high beam is making me feel ill :blush:hmy:

Saw these on ebay and just wondered if they were needed, if i was to go for an 100w bulb or it's just another ebay scam/money making excercise?

I hope you have projector headlight for the HIDs otherwise you end up blinding everybody you drive by.

As for the 100w bulbs be careful of the heat they give off in the plastic headlight lenses as you may melt them, the fact they come with ceramic holders would have me worried. Have a look at Philips Extreme Vision bulbs, I have them fitted and the light is very white.

I hope you have projector headlight for the HIDs otherwise you end up blinding everybody you drive by.

Yes you say that, and a couple more on here have also said the same.

I have normal clio cup headlights, no projectors. i've had the HID kit fitted about two months now and not had one car flash me coming the other way :blush:hmy:

I did not go for a powerfull kit, i fitted a 4300 kit not the 6000+ that most people seem to go for plus these are only the 35w type.

I get a nice bright light in front of me and its a deffinate improvement and like i say, no flashes as yet and no one saying it's a problem, i get a good pattern on a wall as i park.

I keep saying i'm going to try it on the beam tester at a mates garage to try it out.