Headlight beam really low

Last night I fitted my new black headlights, and it all went suprisingly well... until I drove home.
The light beam was pointing really low and even on full beams I could barely see well enough to drive. urghhh, this wasn't a job I wanted to do again! When I went over bumps I could see the beam shaking around which would suggest to me the bulbs are loose?
Anyway, I'll take it all off later and try and find the problem, but if any of you know what it's likely to be that'd be really helpful? I'm thinking either I missed a clip that was needed for the bulbs or it's the actual reflective bit of the headlight cos I noticed that can move up and down.
(and no its not the switch to the right of the steering wheel being set too low before someone says it :tongueout:)

Theres a hole in the top of each light with a white plastic alan screw in it, these manual adjust the level. Were they brand new? If so, did you swap the height adjustment motors from your old lights?

ohhhh I see, I assume the motors are those little black boxes that have a wire clip into them, if so then yes. But I didn't manual adjust, I bet what's happened is they've auto gone to their lowest setting but the car was previously set to the highest so the switch in the car won't make them go up at all

More or less yes, so when dark shine lights up a wall, get a alan key and turn the alan screw until you get to the right height.

When you say the beam shakes about, it sounds like the adjustment motors aren't on properly.
Did you make sure the ball joints on the motors were linked to the reflective part of the headlight?

When you say the beam shakes about, it sounds like the adjustment motors aren't on properly.
Did you make sure the ball joints on the motors were linked to the reflective part of the headlight?

Sounds like you've just clipped the motors on but not put the ball joints into the groove on the back of the reflectors.

I got similar problem, but mine going up, and then slowly down to the lowest position... Is there any manual for unplug motors? or remove headlights ?