Has anyone had a replacement windscreen

I'm a windscreen fitter. If you get Autoglass out and they bring an FY branded glass tell them to come back with something else. Cheap Chinese crap, like to break for no reason, tend to be distorted and the mirrors like to fall off.

You can drive it after an hour as well and it will be perfectly safe, the hour drive away time is in case of accidents, it wont cause it to leak.

So what brand should I ask for or how do I approach getting them to fit the right one?

Anything else is fine, to be honest its just luck of the draw what they get given so you could either tell them you don't want that glass when you book it or wait until they get there and see what you get.

They will probably try to fob you off by saying there is nothing wrong with it but its rubbish.

We did use the same suppliers as them but we were getting too much of the crap so have gone elsewhere.

When I had mine replaced I asked for a genuine Renault screen, I phoned Autoglass directly and they said no problem but had to get approval from my insurance company.

Had problems in the past with screens being replaced and being crap so will now always ask for a genuine screen, takes a bit longer.

got a replacement windscreen 2 months ago due to large stone hitting and cracking it from a hgv on the motorway. autoglass replaced it and free set of aerobades- bonus, good job.

Just a quick one, once they have changed it check that your window wipers are fitted correctly, as sometimes they don't line them up right and can scratch bonnet when lifting blades for replacement or cleaning screen.

Digging up an old thread here, but i'm just about to get my windscreen replaced and i'm concerned with the points that have been mentioned in this post regarding quality of screen etc. How can you tell if its a FY branded screen, is that a make or will it literally state FY in the corner?

I think i'm going to use AutoGlass for this so i'm hoping they will do a good job and I'll try an request a genuine screen see how that goes!

I had no joy with a genuine screen unless I wanted to pay for it myself but give it a try. On a positive note I used auto glass at Sheffield and they were very good. The lad who was to fit it introduced himself to me and explained what he would be doing etc. he loved the car which probably helped.
Mi couldn't fault the service and the screen is OE quality. No problems at all. I would recommend taking it to them for a quality job though rather than have it done on the drive.

when i lift my wipers up it will catch the bonnet, is that the same for all clios or? i need mine done asap. just worried they will reck my recaros or something.