Happy man :-)

Had the mot booked a few weeks back and thought most was ok but upon inspection with wheels off found the rear calipers ( which I knew there was an issue with due to the surface rust on them) to be fubar'ed! Tried to release the pistons but well gone! So I hit the yards and my local supplied me two second hand ones for.....wait for it.......£30! Perfect order, bargain, even came with the caliper housing and a set of renault pads with about 1mm wear!

Near took his arm off! Fitted them and the rust is coming of the discs nicely now :smile: I've planned new calipers, discs, brake lines, shocks, drop the rear axel, front subframe and suspension components and vapour blasting this summer to get it all looking like new again

These will do the trick for the winter as I didn't want to start putting new stuff on for the salt to mess up

Also had the BIG service due too, belts, pump etc the lot! So I snagged the the full kit on a Black Friday deal from RPD along with filter plugs and a few other bits for £330 and my mechanic has just fitted the lot (apart from the calipers! As I did that) serviced it and checked it for the mot for the grand total of £120!!

So for around £500 I've just had the big one done, a near new set of rear calipers on the car and a fresh MOT with no advisories!

Well chuffed

I'm going to show my mechanic this in hope of some Christmas spirit and a nice cheap belt fitting price like you managed to get!!:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Cossers
Funny enough, I just looked through the file that came with the car and the last time it was done by a renault garage in NI here and it was close on £700 without a service! Some garages must be charging close to the big note for this now!

Forgot to mention that is was a female mot instructor! Have to say she knew her apples and turns out she was a real petrol head with a tuned civic! Chat was great and a Bit of a stunner as well! Today was a good day! Lol

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions