H&R springs

Heard mixed stories on these, some say you get instability in the car when you go fast. You probably might be better saving up for KW Coilovers.

I have only heard good reports on these just not sure. Just can not afford coilovers atm

Neither can I, thats what tempted me to them too. I only looked into them at the start of the year and the reports wernt overly good. I had lowered springs on my old car and it didn't make any difference to it apart from it being super stiff, and me going over a bump snapped one of the bolts in the suspension, lol.

If the reviews have picked up, I might look into getting some to tide me over until I get some coilovers.

Not sure I do enough driving to get moneys worth from coilovers. Just want it to look lower and Handel the same or better than cup suspension.

ive had these spring on my non cuped 197 for 2.5 years now and they are good in islands and anything smooth

but once you take the car on fast bumpy surfaces its a bit of a nightmare as you get massive bump steer.

good fun just a bit dodgy at first

like dotty said above, but shouldnt b as bad if not at al on cup shocks.

ermmmm i think theres a thread but i dunno whether its just for coilovers search "coilover pic request"

ive got these on my 197 but with 18" oz's and i can confirm that at slower speeds, like roundabouts and town driving there quite good, but when ur goin faster, the car does seem to feel like its sort of doin its own thing if you get me.
Im gona be lookin at gettin some coilovers for mine very soon.

it come already set up mate. its been in a few places since an no1s said anything bad about the geometry. would be hard to set all that sort of stuff up without coilovers anyways i would have thought :/

ahhh i get you mate. nah, all the wheel alignment an toe/camber is bang on as i had it all set-up/checked when i had new ball joints an some other bits on ma car for MOT time

Ahh, sounds like the spring rates and dampers aren't matched then. Maybe it's just not the best combo on certain set ups?

eg Stiff springs, soft non-Cup damper I'd imagine isn't the ideal combo.