H & R Springs

I have noticed quite a few people on this forum use these springs.

Does the car handle better with them fitted? Or is the standard form the best option handling-wise, what about cup pack vs H&R also?

Thanks!

My R27 runs H&R's and it's definitely tighter through the bends. You can throw it around roundabouts. If you combined them with quality rubber, you're onto a winner.

They do run stiffer than a standard set up, but I don't notice it most of the time.

My R27 runs H&R's and it's definitely tighter through the bends. You can throw it around roundabouts. If you combined them with quality rubber, you're onto a winner.

They do run stiffer than a standard set up, but I don't notice it most of the time.

yep rogues hit the nail on the head there

the only thing i might add is they can be a bit crashy,especially on bumpy corners,i've only ever felt this feeling twice in well over a year but it defo happens,some owners report it more than others,suppose its how you drive

:thumbdown:

I'm not over happy with mine I'm afraid. They look fantastic but its ruined the ride quality. Ok it was no sofa over the bumps but its very crashy and the rear end has a little bit of bounce which is just strange.

It does handle better but not enough improvement to sacrifice that much ride quality IMO.

I'm waiting to see if mine settle or I'm going to take them off and just put on some coil overs .

I'm not over happy with mine I'm afraid. They look fantastic but its ruined the ride quality. Ok it was no sofa over the bumps but its very crashy and the rear end has a little bit of bounce which is just strange.

It does handle better but not enough improvement to sacrifice that much ride quality IMO.

I'm waiting to see if mine settle or I'm going to take them off and just put on some coil overs .

Really surprised! I had some mega low Pi springs on my old Saxo (60mm front & 80mm rear) and they were very hard but manageable - expected a 30/40 drop to be comfortable, although roads round here are ****e

They stiffen up the car so much, especially if you're running cup campers...

I'll be honest, if it was my daily driver, I wouldn't be able to bare it. It's only because she's my toy that it doesn't bother me so much. The ride was so much better in my FF, but that was harsh enough.

The R27 is quite frankly, travel sickness inducing lol

They stiffen up the car so much, especially if you're running cup campers...

I'll be honest, if it was my daily driver, I wouldn't be able to bare it. It's only because she's my toy that it doesn't bother me so much. The ride was so much better in my FF, but that was harsh enough.

The R27 is quite frankly, travel sickness inducing lol

Lol.. That's how they make me feel, travel sick !

So, in other words the cup suspension is perfect.

Everyday use, and just stiff enough, without over doing it.

I'd love mine to be a tad lower, but I can't really see the benifits with people's replies of experience.

Think I'm going to leave mine on the standard suspension then.

Im going to throw it out there that I don't think its as stiff as the cup springs, doesn't handle any better but looks the business.

Was yours a cup to start with or an FF?

So, in other words the cup suspension is perfect.

Everyday use, and just stiff enough, without over doing it.

I'd love mine to be a tad lower, but I can't really see the benifits with people's replies of experience.

Think I'm going to leave mine on the standard suspension then.

You might want to consider the Eibach Pro springs. They lower it about 10-15mm I think.

Recently fitted the H&R Super Sports (Blue ones) to mine, they lowered the cup suspension a further 20mm & are definitely more compliant at low speeds.
The car also corners more flat now too.
The standard cup springs are progressive front & linear rear, whereas the H&R's are progressive both front & rear which i think is the reason for the sometimes bouncy feel which seems to be predominantly from the rear.

Last edited: