H&R Springs on a 200 Cup '09

Hi Guys,

I have a 200 Cup from '09, I am happy with the way it handles but would like it to sit lower. If I replace the standard springs with H&R lowering springs will this compromise the standard handling?

I'd personally say yes on the road but no on the track. My car (rear) on H&Rs was bouncy, on smooth roads/track it was fine though. People have different opinions of course, H&Rs seem to be the popular option. If you ask me I'd go for eibachs, more subtle drop, don't sacrifice so much damper travel.

My 2p:smile:

Cheers! Not too fussed about ride quality as the cup isn't exactly the most comfortable anyway, was more fussed about grip in corners etc and didn't know whether lowering would affect the overall handling?

No it wouldn't. Actually it makes it better, H&Rs are stiffer than the cup ones, and as such you got less body roll, no dive under breaking etc. Being bouncy is not only about the ride though mate, on bumpy roads it makes the rear really snappy/unpredictable unless of course you are not going for it:smile: Hope that helps.