H&R spring rate

Yiannis197

Paid Member
It seems that loads of people have changed their springs with H&R ones, but does anybody know what is the spring rate of the H&R springs and how it compares to the 200 cup springs (softer/harder)? I had a look around but I couldn't find anything.

I've read somewhere in this forum that someone (don't remember his name I'm afraid) sent the original springs to be measured but no figures reported. So...anyone? Thanks

Very usefull indeed. Thanks Ben, unfortunately there is no mention about H&R springs:worried:

It's a really weird thing you see. At the product description on every website there is no mention about their rate whatsoever. At the end of the day you buy springs and you want to know how stiff these are, it's always an important factor to compare against the OEM ones. But I guess noone is interested so they don't bother??:s

I suppose if someone like H&R spent a while developing those springs until they were happy then then saying they were xyz front and abc rear then someone else could come along and make xyz rated front springs and abc rated rear springs and save on development costs.

I suppose if someone like H&R spent a while developing those springs until they were happy then then saying they were xyz front and abc rear then someone else could come along and make xyz rated front springs and abc rated rear springs and save on development costs.

Exactly as Wayne said. I've asked H&R myself and they said not a chance would they tell me!!! :smiley:

Don't really see why, its very simple to measure the spring rate if you've got a set of the springs

Don't really see why, its very simple to measure the spring rate if you've got a set of the springs

Exactly that. It's not that the other developers can't buy a set and get it measured. I guess it's more than meet the eye when you develop a spring. I strongly believe that the rate, especially when we talk performance parts, it's something that should be mentioned on the tin...

I'm sure the rates have been posted on here before along with the FF, Cup and Eibach rates.

The more I think about the more I think I have seen them somewhere...