H&R 25mm spacers

Was thinking hard about buying some sets of 25mm H&R Hubcentric spacers. Then out the blue some came up for really, really cheap money. They were like brand new in the boxes with bolts, painted same colour as my wheels for less than the price of 1 new set. Even wasn't that far to pick them up.

Can I say plus....
Completely compliments H&R springs having the wider track....
Looks well with the wheels now filling the arch

Negative....
Fronts when driving harder catches inner arch so maybe 20' or even 16' on front would be better
Does catch rear arch when had mates in the back but these guys are big dudes so wasn't surprised

Overall very, very pleased...... Post pics tomorrow

Good to hear that they suit the car mate! Should look amazing!

Yeah the rear sags a lot with anyone in the back seats so if it was already lowered it will be sat on its ass!

Ghey. Ruined the handling for me. If you cant tell a difference over standard you cant be driving the car properly, ie what it was made for, or you're a Zombie :wink:

I only had 16mm Eibach ones and it made the car very twitchy under braking. The whole car seem to lurch, very unnerving, lost totoal confidence in the car. Took them off after a day......... Think of it this way, if there was any performance gain by widening the track, Renault would have done with the 200. (they didnt) Why ruin awesome handling car? This mod is up there with cheap crashy springs, and is for the 'stunters' among us

Last edited:
lol...I can only comment on how MY car feels to me. I'm not applying any science to it. If it was a porsche or lambo maybe, but its a bloody Renault. A fantastic little car but a Renault none the less. In my opinion in my car, turn in is miles better, handling is better and importantly for me...looks better. Not sure what a stunter is??

Last edited:
Why should it matter if its Renault or not? The question is, why compromise its handling (what the cars best at) for the sake of looks?

Oh and some one who stunts just 'cruises' about :wink:

Why should it matter if its Renault or not? The question is, why compromise its handling (what the cars best at) for the sake of looks?

Oh and some one who stunts just 'cruises' about :wink:

Why change an exhaust or a set of wheels then? Renault didn't do it? Because its not on a 200 still doesn't make it right...imo

It matters cause its a Renault...Renault built the car not because of the 197 or 200, it makes its money on 1.1 and diesels. Its a great car not solely cause it handles great but because its cheap and handles great.

People buy Porsches that do 180mph but never drive them over 70mph. People buy 4x4 which never go off road. Some of us, its important how it looks and how it drives. Maybe its compromised on a track but not on the potholes they call roads of Bolton. As I have to put petrol, insure and tax it..like bobby brown says (never thought I'd be quoting BB) "it's my prerogative.."

Last edited:
Can i just ask, has fitting spacer's to the front made it any more twitchy over bump's in the road.

On my 172 i'm thinking it could do with spacers on the front, as now i've lowered it the wheels look wayyy too far inside the arches.
But my dad's advising against it saying it often upset's the steering making it twitchy over bump's.

Something about it being to do with the hub is normally central in the wheel, once you space it out the wheels obviously moved out and the hub is no longer central.

Can't quite understand it myself, but he's built some epic car's in the past and he's not normally wrong :S

Last edited:
Posted some pics in "phoenix from the flames". My own personal feelings, it all depends on how you intend to use your car. I drive mine to work and park it up. Occasionally take it for a thrash and its fine for me. Turn in is def better.
Those who go on track days or apply science to their driving or trust in Renaults oem set, may notice something different than I have...

Last edited:
So by the sound's of it, other than perhaps a bit of catching, you've suffered no real consequence's as a result of them? You've also gone bigger than i'm thinking, so i'd imagine, if their were drawbacks, you'd suffer them worse than i would.

Thanks for that though :smile: