Grinding noise when mounting kerb

I have this horrific grinding noise coming from my car whenever I mount a kerb, or go off camber (ie, the back is above the front, or visa versa) it really just sounds like something is scraping on the floor, but when i look under the car there is nothing that could physically touch the floor.

Does anyone have any idea? Is it just my car?

yeah, mines the sme mate! it does it when i pull up onto my drive when i brake, it sounds like the ABS kicking in, i dont think it likes it!

yeh its defo the brakes lads, dont think it nout to worry about.

I would just stop mounting kirbs! Poor alloys, tyres and suspension!

Sure it's not the undertray? Mine does it too if it's too steep a kerb, slightly catches the bottom of the car...

By mounting kerbs i dont mean ramming up a big kerb, just when you pull off the road onto the footpath using the sloped kerb, then when you brake it feels like the ABS is kicking in. Im not worried about it its fine otherwise

Oh ok, I forgive you! Had visions of the poor thing banging up kirbs all day long! Probably just the ABS kicking in if one of the wheels is lifted off the ground slightly when the weight is tranfered.

Ahh, glad to know its not just me. At first I thought It would be something rubbing on the floor, but when I looked under the car nothing could have physically touched the floor.

Hopefully if its nothing major it shouldn't cause a problem.

I would just stop mounting kirbs! Poor alloys, tyres and suspension!

God no! I'd never to that to my beauty. :blush:

Haha! I just meant rolling off/onto the "runup" bits of kerbs, I can't remember what they are called now.

We all get them from time to time. Like sometimes, you can't remember how to spell the word 'who' or some other short word like 'blue'! Lol!

happens on my 197 but only when im going over 20mph.. (yes i have mounted a dropped curb at 20..) any slower and I dont notice it..