Got Air?...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
Was just wondering if anybody has got any hangtime in their Clio?

I've had a couple of moments of ''oooh, gone light'' before but today I got proper bonifide hangtime. I've done it before in my 205 GTi, but obviously with the Clio being a bit heavier and a lot more planted it needs a bit more enthusiasm to succeed. I'll have to do it again and try to get a photo' but I don't want to make a habit out of it... I like my dampers. :smiley:

Must admit, the landing was dealt with with ease and was very smooth.

I reckon it must've been a good 6-7" of air judging by how far above the wall the windowline was!!! :smiley:

It's part of ''The Mobberley GP'', there's three bridges on it, one you really cannot push over because it turns as you cross it so if you're too hot then you end up on the wrong side of the road as you go over. One has a right angle bend about fifty feet after it so that one you have to brake as you hit the crest. But the other one is a hump-back onto a long straight so you can get a bit nuts there hahaha!!!

I'll try and get a photo over the weekend, or even better a video. :thumbup:

I've done it on the Pirbright Bends in Surrey - humpback bridge after a sequence of awesome corners, probably take the jump at 90mph ish - proper air! Car seemed to love it!! Want to go with a mate who can video it!

I've definitely had a bit of hang time in my 197 down a country lane (national speed limit) which suddenly comes to a tiny hump back bridge!

There is a few places round by me that are epic for it :smile: went on a run out with some of the guys off here when I first got car and I think the guy behind me got a better view of the underneath of car than back lol

There is a few places round by me that are epic for it :smile: went on a run out with some of the guys off here when I first got car and I think the guy behind me got a better view of the underneath of car than back lol

I can verify meganes are a bit nose heavy :tongueout:

i used to but i hate the way the traction control kicks in it's really aggressive and nearly throws you through the windscreen, if you know your going to go airborne switch it off just before you jump

buttertubs route we use is a good one plenty of take offs :lol:

one of the reasons i have not bothered lowering mine.....i would have no sump left :eek:

I remember seeing an Evo at AWD motorsport that had 'got air'.
It had been trailered in dead and the diagnostics tool could not comunicate with it.
It turned out that some kind of sensor or something had broken/come loose but it took about a week and a lot of ££ to find and fix the fault.
I had been trying to do the same at every opertunity in my Subaru beforehand, that has slowed me down a bit since :nope:
J

buttertubs route we use is a good one plenty of take offs :lol:

one of the reasons i have not bothered lowering mine.....i would have no sump left :eek:

Yeah was that day up around North Yorkshire, gutted that I don't think I will be able to make the July one :worried: Too many work commitments unfortunately, would have been good to give her a run now she's "run in" lol

I can second this and thankfully there was no scraping! :smiley:

Had someone up my arse all through a residential area as i slowed down for speedbumps and they just carried on over them like there was nothing there giving me the whole "whats the problem?" look. I floored it out of frustration once out of the residential area forgetting about the bridge ahead....

I fondly remember the part in the Autosport video o the 200 chasing the Focus RS he gets a nice little bit of air in the clio there......I remember thinking how composed it looked on landing.....

I have not had all four wheels off the ground in mine....probably too much of a wimp tbh

I've done it on the Pirbright Bends in Surrey - humpback bridge after a sequence of awesome corners, probably take the jump at 90mph ish - proper air! Car seemed to love it!! Want to go with a mate who can video it!

Cough, cough officer. Typo alert, he means 60mph ish.