200: Goodbye Clio.

Tbh i never got connected to any car like i did with my clio 200 and i think its the best hh ever (especially by the modern ones)
But in honesty i cant realy blame you.. Reliability reliability.. Big word
And i assume if you had more of that word in the positive way you wouldnt change it [emoji123]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sure. I think the recent bills would of seen me change cars anyway and I was certainly interested in the Trophy or a 275. Renualts attitude to the whole gearbox issue I think has been really terrible (just look at the Clio 2 bonnet catch issue where their customers could of easily lost their lives!) and for now I can't justify giving them any more money for another car.

One thing is for certain. I'm going to happily live inside a manufactures warranty period for some time. It's 2 year contracts for me now!

Warranty time is great haha
What was that 2 bonnet catch fault? O.o

Btw after 5 years i wouldnt expect from ren or any other brand to cover any fault in the car.. Even if its a sick part like the gearbox
( its 2years after warrnty done)

Last edited:
You're not advising me that I should of sold on a car with a known mechanical defect and not mentioned it are you?

Besides, I honestly do hope that whoever picks up USB treats it just as well as I have. And I wouldn't of wanted to pass it on any other way.

No I'm saying i would have kept it

What was that 2 bonnet catch fault? O.o

The Clio 2 has a bonnet catch with a design flaw that rusts and then fails. There have been a lot of cases and a couple of near fatalities on motorways were the bonnet catch failed, the bonnet flew open, smashing into the windscreen and blocking all visibility. As far as I'm aware Renault have never admitted it was a design flaw and instead have claimed the owners are at fault for not lubricating the bonnet catch. You know they could be right, but would any of us ever think to lubricate a bonnet catch?

The Clio 2 has a bonnet catch with a design flaw that rusts and then fails. There have been a lot of cases and a couple of near fatalities on motorways were the bonnet catch failed, the bonnet flew open, smashing into the windscreen and blocking all visibility. As far as I'm aware Renault have never admitted it was a design flaw and instead have claimed the owners are at fault for not lubricating the bonnet catch. You know they could be right, but would any of us ever think to lubricate a bonnet catch?
Only the mk2?
And no,not really have thought on lubricate the bonnet catch .
But maybe they mentioned it somewhere that it should do..
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Good times Webby! I'm going backwards (just bought a 182) and you're going forwards, in arguably one of the best hot hatches on the market today. Hopefully we'll meet up again because you're genuinely one of the nicest blokes I've ever met.