Glovebox space or lack of!

Where do people put their tyrefoam and wheel locking nut key etc? because at the moment they are in the glovebox with the wallet which means you cannot even get a CD in there. Theres no space under the boot carpet so nothing can be kept there. Which brings me to another question, the jack was missing when I picked the car up, all the other bits n pieces are there but no jack and I assume all cars come with a jack even if you have tyre foam, so is it possible to get just the jack without all the other stuff?

I was the same... I thought there would be a jack but I was told if there's no spare, there's not jack. Nice touch ey!?

Oh, and eBay may be your best bet for a jack... otherwise get yourself a decent trolley jack

I was the same... I thought there would be a jack but I was told if there's no spare, there's not jack. Nice touch ey!?

Oh, and eBay may be your best bet for a jack... otherwise get yourself a decent trolley jack

Oh right. I did mention it to the chap I bought it from (the first owner) and he never checked it when he picked it up from the showroom and only noticed himself after about 18 months.

Thanks for letting me know anyway, at least I now know its not missing by accident.

Cup chassis means you get no jack, I've got the tyre foam in the boot under a boot net or you could just put it under a corner of the boot carpet.

The toolkits themselves show up on ebay occassionally and you can buy the jack new seperately but it's maybe £40 I think.... I gave it a miss.

I knew you didnt get a jack with the clio but i told the dealers and they gave me a new one from a new clio GT lol.

But i have put anti slip mats down in my boot with two big boxes and one is left spare for bags and shoppin etc and the other is for my tyre weld (i never got with the clio but bought) and tyre pressure and depth gauge and other stuff like tools and stuff then inbetween the boxes i have to pockets with clothes and some detailing stuff in it :smile:

I might get something to attach in the boot so nothing moves around, I don't suppose Renault do anything do they?

I use double sided sticky backed velcro on my tyre foam and it velcros to the boot carpet. The locking wheel nut sits on top of the jack wrapped in foam packaging type stuff.

Hmmm not sure I got any tyre foam with mine, I'll need to check that. Could it be under the boot carpet I wonder? I have some oil with a velcro backing but I have not needed to use it.

I have a single large can of tyre foam in the glovebox and the locking wheel nut key wedged under the boot floor between the jack etc.

You can get a boot tidy from renault which sits under the parcel shelf, might be worth a look into

I have used double sided velcro on the canvass 'Renault' folder thing the inflator cans came in and stuck that to the boot carpet. Put some sponge or something around one of the cans so they donet rattle together. The locking wheel nut, I have cut a whole in the polystyrene tool tray and packed it in there.

i put my stuff in the Elf oil bag, which velcros onto the side wall of the boot, brilliant wee bag. Even more useful now ive used the oil.

Thanks for all your great advise.

I have just ordered the Renault under shelf boot tidy....thats one problem solved.

How much was the boot tidy mate and whats the part number please?

I had a scout around for this after it was mentioned and found it on a few Renault dealer websites at around £46 I think, part no: 7711236160. I did the usual search with the part number and found a parts supplier on Ebay selling one for £21.99 + £4.50 P&P, so I bought it straight away.

The Ebay item number was 270728522906 so you could always email them and ask if they have anymore.