Gearbox!!!

I had the same problem on my 23,000 mile 200. The dreaded fourth gear crunch!! After much battling with ruk and my local dealership, I was offered 80% off the total cost of a brand new box and labour. This meant I had to pay £ 640 for everything. As its a new box from renault, the parts and labour are guaranteed.

I'd be happy to pay that mate myn is a ten plate though but still it hasn't done anything mileage wise.did you deal with head of customer relations holly?? They clearly no it's a fault.

Ruk tried to tell me that this isn't a common problem. I argued the case and after my car was inspected for self inflicted damage, they agreed that the gearbox was faulty. They were generally helpful and the turnaround once they had replacement parts was only a day without my car. I would strongly recommend contacting them.

but then we talk modifications? i have a exhaust and itg maxagen just wondering whether this will void any kind of warranty? or whether RUK will tell me to jog on? haha

Ok thanks Alex anything else you can recommend me saying

Tell them it is supposed to be a life part. If they tell you to take it too a dealer then take it to one you have used before as they also argue the labour with the garage, better customer you are the better rate you should get.

Argue that they will pay trade on parts and warranty rate on labour yet you pay retail on both.

I also get them to put a clutch in as it is "good practice" when changing the box.

The "NEW" box is a reconditioned one from France but comes with slave cylinder.

I have spent a fair bit with Renault and mine went after 3 years and 6 weeks and 40k ish. I paid £220 inc clutch which is circa £220 retail/£135 trade alone but I will stress I have put quite a lot into Renault so I wouldn't expect what I got.

Even if they won't do you a clutch I'd ask for one at trade and free fitting (it's like 4 bolts once the box is off) as part if the deal.

Cheers Alex great help

I've beeny dealer twice as this is a newish car all my previous cars I've done work myself but insist even attempting this after 23k it's shocking.
Since I have wrote on here about it it hasn't been to bad.

Hey, your welcome. I did point the ruk rep in the direction of the Renault forums so he could read for himself the issues that have been raised. I did say that the gearbox isn't fit for purpose as the car itself is designed to be used with a particular driving style in mind. I wouldn't worry too much about any mods as long as they are not over the top. I have an uprated exhaust, a performance filter + custom remap and there was not an issue which they saw through looking at the service and maintenance paperwork. I believe what helped my case was that my car has a full Renault service history. They appear to reward loyalty though I would much rather have a gearbox that didn't s**t itself!! That would be more rewarding.
Just stand your ground and don't take no for an answer.

Great you've been very helpful buddy.holly Ingram has actually left a voicemail today and I've rang back at 16:45 and surprise she's on another call as always when I ring them back.trouble is when they ring I can't answer cause am in work and I've strictly told them ring after half 4 I'm willing to bet she won't get back to me.this is also regarding a rubbed recaro seat and not the gearbox so she will have a surprise when I spring this on her.