Gearbox under warranty

Firstly, hope this is an ok place to put this, seeing as this isn't about the gearbox itself...

I've just dropped my car off at renault for a new gearbox under warranty (an arnold clark auto care warranty). I've been told the total bill will be £2400, but unfortunately the warranty will only cover up to £2k.
If I were to contact RUK, would I have any luck getting them to cover that £400?

Cheers for any help

It is ridiculous isn't it...
Seeing as Renault pay up to 80% normally, surely they'll give in on £400, especially as they will be receiving a meaty £2k from arnold clark!
The garage also has a nice offer of half price labour if you're a member of this forum. Might give that a shot if RUK don't wanna help.
What is RSC? Is it a legitimate source that gives a warranty as well? I can ask the garage to source the 'box from there maybe?

I was told by the tech that did mine to be very careful of reconditioned ones.

He has seen more than one that has simply been washed and painted.

Yeah Renault wanted to fit a whole new box, while arnold clark wanted to do just synchros - I wonder why!!
Does anyone know what the best contact number is for RUK? the renault website wants me to contact a specific dealer, which I'm assuming is not RUK