Gearbox squeal / screech

Bit of a strange one, recently from cold the car has a squeal / screech noise that rises with revs when the clutch pedal is pushed in. Makes a little of the same noise when its in gear and driving up the revs slowly. Seems to disappear or get too high pitched to hear after 2k revs or so and haven't noticed it present when the car is in neutral with clutch pedal left alone

Completely disappears when the car is warm, or enough that I can no longer hear it certainly anyway

Clutch release bearing maybe? Never come across anything like it before, no shuddering, clunking or anything else just the squeal

The performance is also spot on and no issues getting into gear or the likes

Any ideas?

Sounds a bit like mine (release bearing has gone) but when i push the clutch pedal in it goes.

can the release bearing make the noise intermittently on start up? As mine makes a noise similar to this however it is not on every cold start up. It has been suggested its the release bearing, is this something that I should get sorted as soon as possible?

From what I've been told, it's something that could cause you clutch to pack up completely today or it could go on as it is for year. Mines been squealing for a few months now, I've just not had the spare money to get it replaced.

Mine is very intermittent. Sometimes it won't do it until its warm, sometimes it does it all the time others its only when you press the clutch down a tiny bit.

Mine is the opposite only does it when the clutch is pressed in, and never once its warm. Ive begun starting the car by pressing the brake instead of the clutch and it seems to have calmed it a bit.

I'm pretty sure its the bearing / slave cylinder combo, and stupidly I should have changed it regardless when I put the meg engine in but sure no big deal.

sounds like I'll take it as a keep an eye on it job then. Would there be anyway a garage could check this without taking out the gearbox/clutch?