Gearbox Oil - MTL Redline or other?

Just reporting back on how it's going with the new Gearbox oil - Fuchs TITAN SINTOFLUID

I've had it in for about 60 miles now, although almost straight away within the first 20 miles I noticed better gear changes. No crunches or noises from the box and the changes feel much smoother and slicker. There's noticeably less "notchyness" now it just slides with a nice little clunk as it goes into gear. As there was no real issues with my box before the change, I didn't expect to notice much different so I'm pleasantly surprised.

Seems to be a little easier getting into 1st gear from a cold morning start too.

My car has only done 55K so it shouldn't really have needed the change but it seems well worth it. For the sake of £20 for the oil, I'd recommend getting it changed.

Next up is getting the top engine mounts done :smile:

Just wondering if this oil is still going ok for you? I still haven't had a chance to get mine changed yet but it's a must before the summer.

Just wondering if this oil is still going ok for you? I still haven't had a chance to get mine changed yet but it's a must before the summer.
[MENTION=10886]ChrisR27[/MENTION], yeah it's going good. There's still sometimes a little struggle getting into 1st gear from cold, but I've certainly not had any crunches or weird noises or anything like that since changing the oil. Everything feels nice and slick. Overall, I'm happy with it and glad I got it changed even if just for longevity of the gearbox..... although I still can't help but wonder in the MTL Redline would have done anything more...

Sounds good, suppose with the MTL Redline we will never know, I think that will have cost £60 or so cause 3 bottles will have been needed as they were not litre bottles did yours take the full 2 litres?

How do you do those mentions?

[MENTION=10886]ChrisR27[/MENTION] - 2L is enough, just about. I read plenty of threads that said 2L would be plenty, and most people only managed to fit about 1.8 in - but in my case it was literally only just enough. The oil settled millimeters below the fill hole level. The FUCHS came to £20 total for 2L, and then Redline stuff was about double.

I didn't end up doing the change myself, paid £30 to local mechanic, which sort of sucks because the labour was more than the parts, but at least I know it's been done right.

Good stuff, i've already paid for mine to be replaced one of the guys at my local garage put it all in with the price when he done my service and cambelt change. It's the last thing i have left to do at the moment.