gearbox goes tight after abuse

hi all

the problem i have and have had a handful of times now is that my gearbox tightens up after spirited drives and trackdays,its a weird one because this doesn't happen instantly,for example i was at oulton yesterday and it was fine during the morning session and most of the afternoon session but right at the end of the day it tightened up again

i've read the troubles people have with it crunching between 3rd and 4th but mine doesn't do that at all,it simplely seems to tighten up

on the way home it was fine but its done it before after driving like a tw@t for an hour or so on runs out

just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or could it be a major problem?...bizarrely its done it as far back as over a year ago and it still hasn't packed in or started crunching,i've also had the gearbox oil done a week ago so it isn't that

any help would be much appreciated

cheers,scott

Last edited:
well i was going to say try an oil change first....but you have done that :eek:

Maybe your arm just gets tired after all that shifting so it feels heavier towards the end of the day!!! :smiley:

Maybe your arm just gets tired after all that shifting so it feels heavier towards the end of the day!!! :smiley:

ha ha defo not that mate because i'd still be lapping oulton now if i was allowed

weird one as i said si as i've not heard of this being an issue before,looks like its just one of them the things,guessing the box is getting hot and things are expanding hence it tightening up then when things cool its back to normal