Garaging the car

Roy

clio197.net legend
Hopefully we will have moved before xmas and the 197 will be put away for 3 months(saves the wife doing any winter damage)Is it best to put it on axel stands and disconnect the battery or will it be ok for that long standing ???

I think you will be fine for 3 months, ive left cars for that long.

ive also found it handy to get a slow trickle charger, one of those ones that wont actually charge a dead battery, but will just allow a small charge to trickle in and keep a battery topped up that's already healthy, it keeps it conditioned that way aswell.
I have a solar powered trickle charger, sits in the garage window and is connected to the race battery on the Trophy, makes sure its kept optimum whenever its required.

iirc its a make such as Caltek or the like, and normally pretty cheap to invest in.

I might be spouting a load of rubbish here, but I'm sure I've read that you are meant to pump the tyres up quiet high if the car is going to be sat there, to prevent flat spots?

3 months isn't that long, best to put some fuel stabilyser in the tank though as unleaded starts to seperate quite fast.

Seriously if it's in a garage it will be fine, fuel remains stable for at least a year before you need to start worrying about it.
If its on a concrete floor you might want to sit the tyres on squares of rubber or carpet there is something in the concrete that can react with the silica in the tyres.
But in all fairness 3 months isn't really that long.
My series 1 landrover didn't move for over 12 months and was fine a battery optimiser is a good idea though.