Fueling issues

hawker22

Paid Member
My 200 cup is having a mare at the minute. It sounds like the fuel pump is constantly priming even without the key in the ignition and it wont start. I cleaned the crank sensor and it sorted it for a week or so but now its started again today and i cant work out whats going on with it. I managed to get it started but then it didnt turn off i even took the key out and walked away and the car was still running. Anyone had this issue before ?

Check the car for a bulb not working it's an extreme long shot I had a similar problem but on a Williams style 16V Clio and a blown tail light bulb was causing the car not to turn off. As for the pump priming constantly the computer behind the glovebox or power switching unit on the wing behind the passenger headlight might be faulty the fuel pumps normally shut of after so many seconds to stop the pump running dry and burning out it will have a system that will allow it to run so many seconds until fuel pressure is reached. We had a Modus with a faulty control computer if it was parked in the yard you could hear the electrics buzzing and priming every so often hazard light flash the odd time.

Check the car for a bulb not working it's an extreme long shot I had a similar problem but on a Williams style 16V Clio and a blown tail light bulb was causing the car not to turn off. As for the pump priming constantly the computer behind the glovebox or power switching unit on the wing behind the passenger headlight might be faulty the fuel pumps normally shut of after so many seconds to stop the pump running dry and burning out it will have a system that will allow it to run so many seconds until fuel pressure is reached. We had a Modus with a faulty control computer if it was parked in the yard you could hear the electrics buzzing and priming every so often hazard light flash the odd time.

thats strange that you said about the hazards because a couple of times ive been out and started it up and the hazards came on when i started it. It only happened a couple of times but i thought it was just me maybe hitting the button be mistake. Is there anyway of checking the computer or is it just a case of replacing it ?

Well I'm not aware of a test as such but it is a part that can be sent for repair even reprograming I'm sure the Renault clip can check to see if it is there or read error codes but if it is the control computer behind the glovebox or the engine bay switching unit that's faulty I can't say the computer might be giving the right commands but the switching unit might be messing up or the other way round the BCM can be opened and visually checked I would look for water damage on both as the most obvious reason for faults.