Fuel pumps

Anyone have an idea if the fuel pumps are the same on the meganes and 197's? No idea why but something triggered in my mind when I was looking at Wills RR results that I can't for the life of me remember if I changed out the fuel pumps or not when I did the build :S

Nope, they're different mate and Megane one won't fit in the Clio carrier.

Litchy has been doing allsorts of experiments with carriers and pumps to see what fits what and what can fit in the Clio tank.

Fuelling has been my biggest challenge since SteC sorted my conversion. Car runs fine but I know there's another 20bhp+ Eq torque, general adjustability and importantly safety if it's sorted properly. It's safe at 308 bhp at mo. I know I could go with the external set-up but my philosophy is it's important that the cost justifies the potential gain. It's makes no sense at mo playing £500 and the cost to map, another £300 for those gains.

Most things can be resolved by money, but the fun for me (not for SteC cause I keep peckin' his head with different ideas) is coming up with easier and potential cheaper solutions. The idea is these solutions can then be passed on making the conversion even more complete.

Last edited:
a9ypeger.jpg

I did this with my Focus RS, use the standard pump to lift into the swirl pot, then feed a Bosch 044 copy, enough for about 500bhp, I was running 330bhp and 400 ftlb of torque at 30psi of Boost on a stock Turbo, woohoo

be5y5yje.jpg

I used copper pipe for oil boilers for the piping and it cost about a £100 to do

Similar Thread Suggestions